August 6, 1967 |
Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada
|Occupation||TV presenter, Game show presenter|
|Partner(s)||Tony Chesta (1997-1999)
Pierre-Karl Péladeau (2001-2014, 2015-2016)
Julie Snyder (born August 6, 1967 in Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada) is a Francophone Canadian talk show host and producer, appearing as host or guest on various television programs in Canada and France.
Snyder currently hosts the French-Canadian adaptation of Deal or No Deal in Canada, Le Banquier, which began 24 January 2007 on the TVA network which became the top-rated television program in Quebec.
From 2001 to 2014, Snyder was the common-law wife of Pierre Karl Péladeau, the president and CEO of Quebecor Media, the parent company of TVA. She has two children with Péladeau, Thomas (born May 2005) and Romy (born October 2008). They split in January 2014 and reconciled later that summer. They were married on August 15, 2015 in Quebec City.
They separated again in January 2016, less than five months after their marriage. In July 2016, Snyder revealed that she had been the target of surveillance by a private detective. Later that month, she went to Quebec Superior Court and managed to convince a judge to order the PI firm responsible for the investigation to reveal to her the person who had hired the PI to tail her, information she kept to herself.
In the waning days of the 2012 Quebec election, Snyder hosted a Parti Québécois rally where she heaped praise on the party leader, Pauline Marois. Snyder has also backed the failed Quebec Charter of Values that was tabled by the PQ government.
As of 2017, she is a host on Radio-Canada's ICI Radio network.
- "Nouvelles des diplômes (Alumni news)" (PDF). Brébuf Express (in French). Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf. 17 January 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- Bailey, Patricia (25 October 2007). "The perfect host" (in French). CBC News. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- Bailey, Patricia (20 August 2007). "Julie Snyder: TV host dynamo and blockbuster producer". Playback. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder (biography)" (in French). TVA. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder est la personnalité télé de l'année" (in French). Canoë. 16 December 2003. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "Julie Snyder a accouché". Metro (Montreal). 21 October 2008. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. Retrieved 27 August 2009.
- "Pierre Karl Péladeau and Julie Snyder announce split". CTV Montreal. 10 January 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- Scali, Dominique (25 January 2016). "Rupture pour Julie et PKP". Journal de Montréal. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Quebec Liberals sound warning over Péladeau's media influence". The Star (Toronto). 10 March 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-10.
|This Quebec biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|