Julie Su (attorney)
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Labor Commissioner of California|
|Education||Stanford University (BA)
Harvard University (JD)
Julie A. Su is the current Labor Commissioner of California and the former litigation director at the Asian Pacific American Legal Center of Southern California (APALC). Su was appointed to head California's Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) by Governor Jerry Brown.
- "Making the Invisible Visible: The Garment Industry's Dirty Laundry" University of Iowa Journal on Gender, Race & Justice (Winter 1997-98)
- "Critical Coalitions," (Eric Yamamoto) Critical Race Theory: An Anthology
- "Workers at the Crossfire: Immigration Enforcement to Preserve Capital," in Unfinished Liberation (Joy James, ed. Colorado University Press 1999)
- Social Justice: Professionals, Communities and Law (Martha Mahoney, John O. Calmore, Stephanie M. Wildman 2003).
- "BEAUTY SALON SUED", APALC, January 24, 2006