1967 (age 51–52)
|Education||B.A. Tulane University|
|Known for||co-president of production at Sidney Kimmel Entertainment|
|Parent(s)||Sydel Finfer Silverman Wolf|
|Family||Eric R. Wolf (stepfather)|
Pete Yorn (brother-in-law)
Julie Yorn (born 1967) is an American film producer.
Yorn was born Julie Silverman and raised in a Jewish family, the daughter of Dr. Sydel Finfer Silverman Wolf and Mel Silverman. Her father was an artist and her mother was the president of the Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research in New York. Her stepfather, Dr. Eric R. Wolf, is a distinguished professor emeritus of anthropology at Lehman College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. She graduated from Tulane University and then went on to work as a senior vice president at the Los Angeles-based, talent-management and film-production company Addis-Wechsler & Associates.
She is best known for producing the critically acclaimed film Hell or High Water (2016) that earned her an Academy Award for Best Picture nomination with Carla Hacken. She is president of production at Sidney Kimmel Entertainment.
Awards and nominations
- Jewish Weekly: "The tribe goes to the Oscars" by Nate Bloom February 13, 2017
- New York Times: "WEDDINGS;Julie Silverman And Kevin Yorn" July 7, 1996
- Merry, Stephanie (24 January 2017). "Oscar nominations 2017: Complete list of nominees; 'La La Land's' 14 ties record". The Washington Post. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Oscar Nominations 2017: The Complete List - 89th Academy Awards". Oscars.com. January 24, 2017. Archived from the original on January 10, 2013. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- "Oscar Nominations 2017: See the Full List". Vanity Fair. January 24, 2017. Retrieved January 25, 2017.
- Ford, Rebecca (October 3, 2014). "Carla Hacken Joins Sidney Kimmel Entertainment as President of Production". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 20, 2017.