Juliet, Naked (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jesse Peretz|
by Nick Hornby
|Music by||Nathan Larson|
|Box office||$3.7 million|
Juliet, Naked is a 2018 British-American comedy-drama film directed by Jesse Peretz based on Nick Hornby's novel of the same name. It centers on the story of Annie (Rose Byrne), and her unlikely romance with singer-songwriter Tucker Crowe (Ethan Hawke), who is also the subject of her boyfriend's (Chris O'Dowd) long-time music obsession. The film premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on January 19, 2018.
- Rose Byrne as Annie Platt
- Ethan Hawke as Tucker Crowe
- Chris O'Dowd as Duncan Thomson
- Megan Dodds as Carrie
Lionsgate and sister company Roadside Attractions have acquired its U.S. rights, and plan to release the film on August 17, 2018 select theaters with a nationwide expansion planned set to occur on August 31, 2018.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 80% based on 102 reviews, and an average rating of 6.6/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Juliet, Naked's somewhat familiar narrative arc is elevated by standout work from a charming cast led by a well-matched Rose Byrne and Ethan Hawke." Metacritic gives the film a weighted average rating of 67 out of 100, based on 32 reviews, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
Alex Hudson from Exclaim! enjoyed the film, saying, "With these solid tunes, humour that pokes fun without being mean, and drama that exposes the pains of aging without being cynical, Juliet, Naked is big-hearted and totally unpretentious."
- "Juliet, Naked (2018)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
- "Juliet Naked". The Numbers. Retrieved September 5, 2018.
- Parfitt, Orlando (July 17, 2017). "Nick Hornby adaptation 'Juliet, Naked' adds new cast". Screen Daily. Screen International. Retrieved August 30, 2017.
- "Juliet, Naked". Sundance Film Festival. The Sundance Institute. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (February 2, 2018). "Rose Byrne-Ethan Hawke Comedy 'Juliet, Naked' Sells to Lionsgate, Roadside". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (March 13, 2018). "'Juliet, Naked' Set For Late Summer Release By Roadside Attractions & Lionsgate". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Business Media. Retrieved March 13, 2018.
- "Juliet, Naked (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- "Juliet, Naked Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved August 21, 2018.
- Hudson, Alex (August 13, 2018). "'Juliet, Naked' Review: A Warm-Hearted Old-School RomCom". Exclaim!. Retrieved August 13, 2018.
|This film article about a 2010s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|