||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (November 2010)|
Juliette Commagere is a Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter who was formerly the lead singer and keytar player of the band Hello Stranger. In 2008 she began a solo career with the release of Queens Die Proudly.
Commagere has also performed with Maynard James Keenan of Tool's project Puscifer, The Bird and the Bee, Nick Lowe, Ry Cooder, Linda Perry and Liz Phair. She has opened for Air, Foo Fighters, The Bird and the Bee, Pete Yorn, Ry Cooder and Nick Lowe, and played the Latitude Festival with Bat for Lashes as well as co-headlined the 2nd annual Manimal Festival in Joshua Tree, CA with Warpaint, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros and Hecuba.
Her solo work has been featured in numerous television shows and films including Private Practice, Emily Owens, M.D., Drop Dead Diva, Femme Fatales, The Power of Two, Good Dick and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane. In 2014 she did a cover of Night Ranger's power ballad "Sister Christian", which appeared in Grey's Anatomy.
She sang the female sections in Avenged Sevenfold's song "A Little Piece of Heaven" of their 2007 self-titled album. She has also sung on Taylor Hawkins's (of the Foo Fighters) side project Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders album, releases by Puscifer, as well as on many Ry Cooder records including: Mambo Sinuendo, Chavez Ravine, I, Flathead, My Name Is Buddy, and Ibrahim Ferrer's Buenos Hermanos. Along with her husband Joachim Cooder she produced Carly Ritter's self-titled debut album on Vanguard Records in 2013.
Juliette's younger brother is singer/songwriter Robert Francis.
Her debut album, Queens Die Proudly, was released in October 2008 on the Aeronaut Records imprint. In early 2010, Juliette signed with Manimal Vinyl to release her second album titled The Procession. Her third album, Human, was released on September 17, 2013, on Aeronaut Records.
- Hello Stranger (Aeronaut Records, July 25, 2006)
- Queens Die Proudly (Aeronaut Records, October 28, 2008)
- The Procession (Manimal Vinyl, September 24, 2010)
- Human (Aeronaut Records, September 17, 2013)
- "Eats from the Inside" (The Procession; June 14, 2010)
- "Impact" (The Procession; December 2, 2010)
- "Vampire (Puscifer Remix)" (Single only; January 14, 2014)
- "Collide" (Human; March 11, 2014)
- "Sister Christian" (Single only; April 8, 2014)
- "Cold Moonlight" by Totally Radd (The Treble Alliance, November 14, 2006)
- "A Little Piece of Heaven" by Avenged Sevenfold (Warner Bros. Records Inc. (U.S.)/WEA International Inc. (Worldwide), October 26, 2007)
- "Fly and Fly" by The Sweet Hurt (The Sweet Hurt, June 13, 2014)
|Wikinews has related news: Bat for Lashes plays the Bowery Ballroom: an Interview with Natasha Khan|
- Manimal Vinyl Official Site
- Manimal Vinyl at MySpace
- Bat for Lashes at Discogs
- Sarcastic Laist interview with an intern posing as Paul Beahan
- Reviews of Manimal Festival 2008
- Pitchforkmedia Review of Madonna Tribute
- Pitchfork News Article on Upcoming tribute to The Cure
- Spin Magazine Review of Madonna Tribute Record