Map of Leyte with Julita highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||2nd district of Leyte|
|• Mayor||Fiscal Percival Caña|
|• Total||53.30 km2 (20.58 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||280/km2 (730/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)53|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||10,186 voters as of 2016|
Julita is 47 kilometers from Tacloban, the capital city of Eastern Visayas. It is located between the municipalities of Dulag and Burauen.
The municipality of Julita was created through presidential executive order 278 under President Elpidio Quirino. Agriculture is the main industry in the area, especially rice and coconut production. About 70% of the working population is engaged in agriculture. Most live below the poverty line, and many lack basic necessities of life.
- Poblacion District I
- Poblacion District II
- Poblacion District III
- Poblacion District IV
- San Andres
- San Pablo
- Santa Cruz
- Santo Niño
- Villa Hermosa
|Population census of Julita|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority |
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Province: Leyte". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Archived from the original on 3 August 2003. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Leyte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Tabontabon / Tanauan||Tolosa|
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|