Juliustown, New Jersey
Juliustown, New Jersey
|• Total||1.284 sq mi (3.327 km2)|
|• Land||1.284 sq mi (3.327 km2)|
|• Water||0.000 sq mi (0.000 km2) 0.00%|
|Elevation||118 ft (36 m)|
|• Density||334.0/sq mi (129.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (Eastern (EDT))|
|GNIS feature ID||02633184|
Juliustown is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located within Springfield Township, in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States, that was established as part of the 2010 United States Census. As of the 2010 Census, the CDP's population was 429.
|Population source: 2010|
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 429 people, 142 households, and 124.960 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 334.0 per square mile (129.0/km2). There were 150 housing units at an average density of 116.8 per square mile (45.1/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 93.71% (402) White, 2.80% (12) Black or African American, 0.00% (0) Native American, 1.40% (6) Asian, 0.00% (0) Pacific Islander, 0.00% (0) from other races, and 2.10% (9) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.17% (5) of the population.
There were 142 households out of which 34.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 71.8% were married couples living together, 11.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 12.0% were non-families. 7.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 2.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.02 and the average family size was 3.14.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 23.8% under the age of 18, 10.0% from 18 to 24, 24.0% from 25 to 44, 31.2% from 45 to 64, and 11.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40.1 years. For every 100 females there were 101.4 males. For every 100 females ages 18 and older there were 112.3 males.
People who were born in, residents of, or otherwise closely associated with Juliustown include:
- Phil Haines (born 1950), Superior Court judge and former member of the New Jersey General Assembly.
- Gazetteer of New Jersey Places, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 21, 2016.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Juliustown Census Designated Place, Geographic Names Information System. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- DP-1 - Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data for Juliustown CDP, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- Look Up a ZIP Code for Juliustown, NJ, United States Postal Service. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- American FactFinder, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- A Cure for the Common Codes: New Jersey, Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- US Board on Geographic Names, United States Geological Survey. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed April 18, 2015.
- GCT-PH1 - Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place from the 2010 Census Summary File 1 for Burlington County, New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- 2006-2010 American Community Survey Geography for New Jersey, United States Census Bureau. Accessed June 17, 2013.
- New Jersey: 2010 - Population and Housing Unit Counts - 2010 Census of Population and Housing (CPH-2-32), United States Census Bureau, p. III-3, August 2012. Accessed June 17, 2013. "Burlington County — Annexations from MCDs: Medford Lakes borough from Medford township; New CDPs: Florence (formed from part of deleted Florence-Juliustown CDP), Juliustown (formed from part of Fort Dix CDP and additional area), and Roebling (formed from part of deleted Florence-Roebling CDP); Deleted CDPs: Florence-Juliustown (split to form Florence and Juliustown CDPs)"
- US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990, United States Census Bureau. Accessed September 4, 2014.
- Symons, Michael. "Christie nominating Sen. Phil Haines to Superior Court", Asbury Park Press, September 30, 2010. Accessed June 17, 2013. "Haines, 59, a resident of the Juliustown section of Springfield Township, has represented the 8th District in the Senate since 2008."