July 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
All fixed commemorations below celebrated on July 24 by Old Calendarists
- Great martyr Euphemia the All-praised (451)
- Blessed Equal-to-the-Apostles Olga, princess of Russia, named Helen in holy baptism (969)
- Hieromartyr Cindeus of Pamphylia (4th century)
- Saint Nicodemus of Vatopedi on Mount Athos (14th century)
- Martyr Nicodemus of Mt. Athos (1722)
- Martyr Nectarius of St. Anne's Skete on Mount Athos
- Saint Leo of Mandra, monk
- Martyr Martyrocles
Pre-Schism Western Saints
- St. Drostan, founder and first Abbot of Deer in Aberdeenshire. He is counted amongst the Apostles of Scotland.
- St. Thurketyl, the brother of King Edred of England who restored Crowland Abbey and then served as its abbot.
- 11th July. Pre-Schism Orthodox Western Saints.