July 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
All fixed commemorations below celebrated on July 18 by users of the Old Calendar
- Venerable Athanasius of Mt. Athos (1000)
- Saint Lampadus of Hirenopolis, monk (10th century)
- Saints Elizabeth the New Martyr, Grand Duchess of Russia, the Nun Varvara, and those martyred with them (1918)
- Martyr Cyrilla of Cyrene in Libya, widow (4th century)
- Saints Athanasius and Theodosius of Cherepovets, disciples of St. Sergius of Radonezh
- New-Martyr Cyprian of Koutloumousiou monastery on Mt. Athos (1679)
Pre-Schism Western Saints
- St. Edana, an Irish monastic and patron of several parishes in the West of Ireland.
- St. Erfyl, the titular saint of a church at Llanerfyl, Powys, Wales.
- St Gwen Teirbron of Brittany, mother of St. Winwaloe of Landevennec.
- St. Modwenna, successor of St. Hilda as Abbess of Whitby.
- St. Modwenna, an anchoress, and possibly Abbess of Polesworth in Warwickshire, England.
- Sts. Probus and Grace, Cornish saints traditionally thought to have been husband and wife.
- Protection of the Mother of God Church, List of Saints
- 5th July. Pre-Schism Orthodox Western Saints.
- Orthodox Saints and Feassts