July 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
All fixed commemorations below celebrated on July 19 by Old Calendarists
- Venerable Sisoes the Great of Egypt (429)
- Virgin-martyrs Lucy, Rixius, and with them martyrs Anthony, Lucian, Isidore, Dion, Diodorus, Cutonius, Arnosus, Capicus, and Satyrus at Rome (301)
- Martyr Quintus of Phrygia (283)
- Martyrs Marinus, Martha, Audifax, Abbacum (Habakkuk), Cyrinus, Valentine, and Asterius the Presbyter in Macedonia (269)
- Martyrs Isaurus the deacon, Innocent, Felix, Hermias, Basil, Peregrinus, Rufus, and Rufinus of Apollonia in Macedonia
- Saint Sisoes, Schemamonk of the Kiev Caves
- New-Martyr Bishop Simon of Ufa (1921)
Pre-Schism Western Saints
- St. Monenna, foundress of a number of monasteries in Scotland and England.
- St. Saxburgh of East Anglia, foundress of the abbey at Minster-in-Sheppey, and later Abbess of Ely.
- Protection of the Mother of God Church, List of Saints
- 6th July. Pre-Schism Orthodox Western Saints.
- Orthodox Church of America, Feasts and Saints