July 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All fixed commemorations below celebrated on July 20 by Old Calendarists
- Venerable Thomas of Mt. Maleon (283)
- Venerable Acacius of Sinai, who is mentioned in The Ladder of Divine Ascent (6th century)
- Hieromartyr Evangelus, Bishop of Tomi (Constanţa) in Romania (290)
- Martyr Epictetus, presbyter, and Astion, monk, in Scythia (290)
- Martyr Kyriaki of Nicomedia (289)
Pre-Schism Western Saints
- St. Hædde, Bishop of Wessex.
- St. Maolruain, founder of monastery of Tallaght in Co. Dublin, Ireland. He was also an initial compiler of the Martyrology of Tallaght, and one of the authors of the Rule of the Céli Dé.
- Sts. Medran and Odran were brothers and disciples of St. Kieran of Ossory.
- St. Palladius, first Bishop of the Scots.