July 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
All fixed commemorations below celebrated on July 22 by Old Calendarists.
- Hieromartyr Pancratius, Bishop of Taormina in Sicily (1st century)
- Hieromartyr Cyril of Gortyna in Crete, bishop (4th century)
- Saint Theodore of Edessa, bishop (9th century)
- Saint Patermuthius and others in Egypt (4th century)
- Saint Euthymius the Enlightener of Karelia (1435)
- Blessed Peter, Hieromartyr of Cherevkov (Vologda) (early 17th century)
Pre-Schism Western Saints
- St. Everildis, a holy maiden from the south of England and foundress of a monastery at Everingham in Yorkshire.
- Repose of Righteous Patermuphy of Valaam and St. Alexander Nevsky Lavra (c. 1825)
- Repose of Hierodeacon Melchizedek of the Roslavl forests (1840)
- Protection of the Mother of God Church, List of Saints
- 9th July. Pre-Schism Orthodox Western Saints.
- Orthodox Calendar