|Frequent-flyer program||Juneyao Air Club|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (Connecting Partner)|
|Headquarters||No. 80 Hongxiang Sanlu, Changning District, Shanghai|
|Key people||Wang Junjin|
Juneyao Air (Chinese: 吉祥航空; pinyin: Jíxiáng Hángkōng; lit. 'Auspicious Airlines'), formerly known as Juneyao Airlines, is a carrier based in Shanghai, operating both domestic and international services from two airports (Shanghai Hongqiao and Shanghai Pudong). The company was founded in 2005 as a subsidiary of Shanghai JuneYao (Group) Co., Ltd, and started operations on September 2006. It reported a net profit of about CNY1.05 billion ($161.3 million) in 2015.
Juneyao Airlines has the following codeshare agreements (as of May 2019).
- Air China
- All Nippon Airways
- China Eastern Airlines
- EVA Air
- Shenzhen Airlines
|Airbus A320-200||35||—||8||150||158||1 (B-6717) in a special 10th Anniversary livery|
|Airbus A321-200||27||—||12||178||190||1 (B-1808) in an all-red livery|
|Boeing 787-9||6||4||29||295||324||Order with 5 more options|
The airline took delivery of its first Boeing 787 Dreamliner in October 2018. Juneyao Airlines has previously been an all-Airbus operator.
Incidents and accidents
- On 29 August 2011, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) published its investigation report indicating that Juneyao Airlines Flight 1112 refused to follow six consecutive orders from Hongqiao ATC in the span of seven minutes to abort their approach and that the crew on duty breached regulation CCAR-91-R2 of CAAC. The license of the South Korean Captain was permanently revoked in China and the Chinese co-pilot's license was suspended for six months. The CAAC also issued a bulletin to the Korea Transportation Safety Authority formally reporting the Korean captain's misbehavior. The Juneyao Airlines flight refused to abort, despite Qatar Airways flight QR888 declaring a Mayday due to low fuel. Although there was only 5,200 kg of fuel left aboard QR888 after landing, an amount sufficient for another 18 minutes of regular flight plus 30 minutes of reserve, the CAAC indicated that QR888 did not breach any regulations. Nevertheless, the CAAC issued a bulletin to the Civil Aviation Authority of Qatar recommending an improvement in fuel calculation.
- 上海吉祥航空有限公司. Juneyao Airlines. Retrieved February 28, 2011.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 99.
- Juneyao Airlines at airlineupdate.com Archived 2013-05-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Air Transport World 9 May 2007 Archived 12 May 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Juneyao Airlines' net profit more than doubles in 2015". ATW. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Juneyao Airlines partners with Air China and China Eastern – is it a candidate for Star Alliance?". CAPA - Centre for Aviation. Retrieved 2018-08-17.
- "Juneyao Airlines and ANA Launch Codeshare and Frequent Flyer Partnership". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-08-17.
- "Juneyao Airlines Announces Codeshare Partnership with EVA Air". Retrieved 2018-08-17.
- Finnair starts codeshare cooperation with Juneyao Air, extending its network in China Company.finnair.com 16 May 2019. Retrieved 16 May 2019
- "Shenzhen Airlines / Juneyao Airlines Begins Codeshare Service from late-April 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- Ge, Lena (1 November 2013). "Juneyao Airlines Makes Inaugural Flight to Taiwan". China Aviation Daily. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Juneyao Airlines Fleet Details and History". planespotters.net. 5 December 2019. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "China's Juneyao Airlines commits to 5+5 B787-9s". ch-aviation. 17 February 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- JUNEYAO AIRLINES TAKES DELIVERY OF THEIR FIRST BOEING 787 DREAMLINER samchui.com 20 October 2018. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- PICTURES: Juneyao takes first 787 flightglobal.com 19 October 2018. Retrieved 25 October 2018.
- Nick Wenzel (October 19, 2018). "Juneyao Airlines takes delivery of its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner". International Flight Network. Retrieved November 6, 2018.
- "Guangzhou-based 9 Air joins China's budding budget airline field". South China Morning Post. 15 January 2015.
- 民航华东地区管理局严厉处罚吉祥航空公司违章行为. CAAC. August 29, 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-04-02. Retrieved August 29, 2011.
Media related to Juneyao Airlines at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website (in Chinese)