|Key people||Wang Junjin|
Juneyao Airlines (Chinese: 吉祥航空; pinyin: Jíxiáng Hángkōng; literally: "Auspicious Airlines") is a major carrier based in Shanghai, China, operating both domestic and international services from two airports (Shanghai Hongqiao Intl' Airport and Shanghai Pudong Intl' Airport). The company was founded in 2005 as a subsidiary of Shanghai JuneYao (Group) Co., Ltd, and started operation on September 2006. It reported a net profit of about CNY1.05 billion ($161.3 million) in 2015.
Juneyao Airlines has the following codeshare agreements (as of April 2016).
As of July 2016, the Juneyao Airlines has an average age of 3.9 years of its fleet, which consists of the following aircraft:
Also, Juneyao Airlines plans to introduce wide-body aircraft to operate long-hual flight to North America and Europe. Until 2020, Juneyao Airlines will operate more than 100 aircraft.
9 Air is the low-cost carrier (LCC) subsidiary of Juneyao Airlines.
Go-around controversy at Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport
On 29 August 2011, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) published its investigation report indicating that Juneyao Airlines Flight 1112 refused to follow six consecutive orders from Hongqiao ATC in the span of seven minutes to abort their approach and that the crew on duty breached regulation CCAR-91-R2 of CAAC. The license of the South Korean Captain was permanently revoked in China and the Chinese co-pilot's license was suspended for six months. The CAAC also issued a bulletin to the Korea Transportation Safety Authority formally reporting the Korean captain's misbehavior. Furthermore, Juneyao Airlines is indefinitely suspended from recruiting foreign flight crew and will have 10% of their slots suspended for three months. Although there was only 5,200 kg of fuel left aboard QR888 after landing, an amount sufficient for another 18 minutes of regular flight plus 30 minutes of reserve, the CAAC indicated that QR888 did not breach any regulations. Nevertheless, the CAAC issued a bulletin to the Civil Aviation Authority of Qatar recommending an improvement in fuel calculation.
- 上海吉祥航空有限公司_职位搜索_智联招聘 Juneyao Airlines. Retrieved on February 28, 2011. "公司地址： 上海市长宁区虹翔三路80号"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 99.
- Juneyao Airlines at airlineupdate.com
- Air Transport World 9 May 2007
- "Juneyao Airlines' net profit more than doubles in 2015". ATW. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
- "Shenzhen Airlines / Juneyao Airlines Begins Codeshare Service from late-April 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- "Juneyao Airlines to Take Delivery of 50th Airbus Plane". China Aviation Daily.
- 民航华东地区管理局严厉处罚吉祥航空公司违章行为 , CAAC, August 29, 2011, accessed August 29, 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Juneyao Airlines.|
- Official website (Chinese)