Jung District, Incheon
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Revised Romanization||Jung-gu|
|Administrative divisions||11 administrative dong|
|Website||Jung District Office|
Jung-gu is also the historic part of Incheon. It was founded in 1883, when the Jemulpo Port was open. The ward contains multiple historical and cultural heritage monuments, such as the Dap-dong Cathedral, the Hongyemun Gate, The First Anglican Church, and the Jayu Park, which was the first modern-style park built in Korea.
Incheon is the gateway to the capital, Seoul. In modern times Incheon port became a trading port, has at its center, Jung-gu. Incheon port is an international gateway and Korea‘s second largest trade port. Jung-gu also is the location of the Incheon International Airport.
Administrative Divisions of Incheon Jung-gu
- Sinpo-dong (divided in turn into Jungang-dong 1 to 4 Ga, Haean-dong 1 to 4 Ga, Gwandong 1 to 3 Ga, Songhak-dong 1 to 3 Ga, Sadong, Sinsaeng-dong, Dapdong, Sinpo-dong, Hangdong 1 to 6 Ga and some portion of Hangdong 7-ga)
- Yeonan-dong (divided in turn into some portions of Hangdong 7-ga and Bukseong-dong 1-ga)
- Bukseong-dong (divided in turn into Bukseong-dong 2 and 3 Ga, some portion of Bukseong-dong 1-ga and Seollin-dong)
- Sinheung-dong (divided in turn into Sinheung-dong 1 to 3 Ga and Seonhwa-dong)
- Yulmok-dong (divided in turn into Yulmok-dong and Yudong)
- Dong Incheon-dong (divided in turn into Naedong, Gyeongdong, Yongdong, Inhyeon-dong, and Jeondong)
- Yeongjong-dong, Yeongjong Island (divided in turn into Jungsan-dong, Unnam-dong and Unbuk-dong)
- Unseo-dong, Yeongjong Island
- Yongyu-dong, Yongyu Island (divided in turn into Eurwang-dong, Nambuk-dong, Deokgyo-dong and Muui-dong)
- Songwol-dong 1 to 3 Ga
- Overseas Chinese Primary and Middle/High School, Incheon (인천화교소·중산중고등학교)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jung-gu, Incheon.|
- "Overseas Chinese primary and middle, high school, Incheon." International School Information, Government of South Korea. Retrieved on March 30, 2016. "19 China town-ro 55beon-gil, Jung-gu, Incheon, 400-210, Korea"