Jung Joon-young at 2016 SIA Ceremony
|Native name||Hangul: 정준영
|Birth name||Jung Joon-young|
February 21, 1989 |
|Genres||Rock, soft rock, alternative rock, garage rock, hard rock, post-punk revival|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, actor, radio DJ, host, TV personality|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano, bass|
|Labels||CJ E&M Music
REALIVE (C9 Entertainment)
|Associated acts||Drug Restaurant|
|Revised Romanization||Jeong Jun-yeong|
Jung Joon-young (born February 21, 1989) is a South Korean singer-songwriter, radio DJ, host, actor, and television personality. He first gained recognition in Mnet's reality television talent show, Superstar K4 (2012), where he finished third place. In 2013, he became the youngest member of KBS's variety show 2 Days & 1 Night Season 3. He hosted his own radio program titled MBC FM's Jung Joon-young's Simsimtapa (2014) and made his big screen debut in Love Forecast (2015). Since 2015, Jung is the lead vocalist of a rock band, JJY Band, which changed their name to Drug Restaurant since May 20, 2016.
Since his official debut with the release of 1st Mini Album in October 2013, Jung has won the "New Male Solo Artist" award for its title track "이별 10분전 (The Sense of an Ending)" at the 3rd Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards. He then released the self-produced 2nd mini album, Teenager, which contained six self-composed tracks on June 26, 2014. Jung had his Taiwan fan meeting in 2013 and followed it with his first overseas showcase in Taipei in July 2014. He performed the self-written "하루만 (I’m Nobody)" at the Pretty Man OST Japan Concert in July 2014. He held a concert tour in China in November 2014 and performed in Beijing, Shenzhen, and Shanghai. Jung made his American concert debut during K-CON 2014 as a performer and host. In 2015, he formed Drug Restaurant (JJY Band) which released their first album, Escape to Hangover, in May 2015.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Artistry
- 4 Discography
- 5 Concert tour & Live performances
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Awards and nominations
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Jung Joon-young was born on February 21, 1989 in Jakarta. He grew up in Indonesia, China, Japan, France and Philippines. He is the youngest son of Jung Hak-chun and Choi Jong-sook. His father was an international businessman who travelled to many countries for his business. Jung had a lonely childhood in many different countries but he learned to speak five different languages such as English, Mandarin, Korean, conversational Japanese, and Tagalog. He couldn't enroll in a regular school due to frequent moves. He took private lessons for regular subjects such as Math, English, violin, and piano. He also got his fourth degree black belt in Taekwondo.
When Jung turned 17, he decided to go to the Philippines to do missionary work. He taught Taekwondo and music to the local children. He was a member of the choir which performed in front of the president of the Philippines, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. He stated that he got inspired by Kurt Cobain and was determined to become a rock star after he watched Nirvana's MTV Unplugged Show when he was a teenager.
- Indie Bands period
He moved to South Korea the next year to start his musical career and soon signed to an entertainment agency (supposed to be Danal Entertainment which released Jung Joon-young's solo EP titled "Rock Trip" in 2010 as well as Digital Single "환상Fantasy" in 2012).
In 2008, Starkim Entertainment selected Jung Joon-young as a vocalist of LEDApple. As one of the original members, he went through the training process and even finished recording the debut album with the band. But, right before Led Apple's debut in 2010, Starkim Entertainment discovered that Jung was already under contract with the previous agency which refused to release him and, thus, he was dropped from the idol rock band.
In 2010, Jung Joon Young dove into the Hongdae indie music scene and formed various bands such as "Flower Mist" which busked in Japan and "Switch On" which performed for amateur club theaters.
As a struggling musician, he modeled for several online shopping malls. He was also on an advertisement for "BGF retail" (franchise retail) and participated in other artists' music-videos such as "Twinkle" (트윙클 by TTS - Girls' Generation) and "Liquor Bottle" (술병 by Haha).  Jung Joon-young appeared on a TV show "Ulzzang Generation 얼짱시대 Season 5" (Ep.1~Ep.8) and referring to this show, he said, "People don't like this program because they think this is just about good looking boys and girls chatting on a TV show, but it was a good opportunity for me to make money."
Since his band, "Switch On" was little known to the public, Jung Joon-young tried to take part in Superstar K4 with "Switch On" members to gain more popularity as a band, but they couldn't continue the audition together due to some foreign members' visa problems. Thus, he decided to carry on the audition as a solo artist.
During the Superweek (which was the selection round), his low husky voice, appearance, and unpredictable character trait appealed to the viewers as well as the judges, especially one of the judges, PSY who is famous for "Gangnam Style" (he left Superstar K4 after 1st final for the world tour). Moreover, his collaboration with Roy Kim covering "먼지가 되어 (Becoming Dust)" by (Kim Kwang-Suk), which Jung Joon-young changed the ballad to the rock version, became a big hit and the best duet audition song ever. After releasing, it achieved an "all-kill" on real-time charts and won the Mnet 20's Choice Hot Cover as well as 2013's Most Popular Karaoke Song of the Year at the 3rd Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards. Even though he was at risk of dropping out several times, he passed through into the finals by Psy's choice in the judge's final decision.
Throughout the final stages, he stuck to rock style as his only musical style. He was repeatedly suggested to that he needed to try a different genre of music, such as ballad, by the judges. However, on the other hand, his persistence about rock music impressed a lot of viewers, and, as a result, it help him to establish a strong fandom. He was able to survive the third stage through a large number of phone votes. His covers that represented his rock style were "매일매일 기다려 Waiting Everyday"(TeeSams), "Bed of Roses"(Bon Jovi), and "Outsider" "(Bom-Yeoreum-Gaeul-Gyeoul 봄여름가을겨울) which performance received a positive response from the judges and audience. On the fifth stage, he was urged to sing a rock ballad "응급실 Emergency Room" (IZI) which had been chosen by the viewers regardless of his musical taste. Unexpectedly, it highly ranked and topped on various online charts and also earned favorable reactions from the public.
Though he was eliminated in the six stage of the semi-final as Top 3, Superstar K4 allowed the public to recognize his musical style. He even mentioned that "Superstar K4 was the turning point in my music career. Before I tried out for Superstar K4, only those who liked rock music listened to my songs. However, now a more variety of people listen to my music and acknowledge me. I'm glad I got to make myself known through Superstar K4" through his farewell interview."
2013: Official debut and 1st Mini Album
After Superstar K4, he has been doing concerts, TV and radio programs(as a guest or a host), and modeling for cars, clothes, games, N-screen, and beer. From May 6, 2013, he worked as a DJ for MBC FM4U "Close Friend" until September 1, 2013. He has appeared in several TV shows including KBS2's "Immortal Song-Singing the Legend 불후의 명곡", "Happy Together", MBC's "Radio Star", and "We Got Married (Season 4)". He has been featured on KBS's "2 Days & 1 Night Season 3" since Dec 1, 2013.
After signing with CJ E&M, Jung Joon-young released his debut single "Spotless Mind (병이에요)" with two versions of Music Video(N version and S version) on Oct 01, 2013. It immediately made an impact on the country's charts. Just an hour after release, "Spotless Mind" nabbed the top spot on Mnet, Bugs, and Soribada etc.
On October 10, 2013, Jung Joon-Young officially made his debut by releasing his first mini album that consists of six songs containing the title track, "The Sense of an Ending (이별 10분 전)", and two songs that he participated in writing and composing: "Missed Call (아는 번호)" and "Take off Mask". His 1st mini album was a moderate success. The album ranked the top spot both on the daily and weekly chart of Synnara Record during its first week. In addition, "Spotless Mind (병이에요)" landed at the third place and "The Sense of an Ending (이별 10분전)" also took the second place on the chart of MBC's music show "Music Core".
Jung Joon-young‘s popularity has been gradually expanding abroad. He visited Taiwan in order to promote his 1st mini album on December 8, 2013. He held a successful fan meeting with 1,000 Taiwanese fans and had an autograph signing event with his song performances for those who had purchased a special limited edition of his album and he gave them a good impression by communicating in Chinese fluently.
Jung Joon-young earned New Male Solo Artist for "이별 10분전 (The Sense of an Ending)" and Most Popular Karaoke Song of the Year for "먼지가 되어 (Becoming Dust)" at the 3rd Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards. Plus, he earned Star of the Year at the MBC Entertainment Awards.
2014: Teenager and 2 Days & 1 Night season 3
On January 2, 2014 he released an OST for Pretty Man called "하루만 (I'm Nobody)" written and composed by himself that contains two versions such as an American rock style version and a British pop style drama version. The rock ballad "I'm Nobody (하루만)" has topped Bugs Chart and Mnet Chart within its first five days of release.
On Feb 16, 2014, Jung Joon-young's 1st fan meeting was held at Yonsei University in Seoul where approximately 1000 fans celebrated his 25th birthday together.
On March 12, 2014, Jung Joon-young released an official cheer song, "Always Reds", which was collaborated with the hip hop group Soul Dive, a track on the Red Devils' official cheer album "We are the Reds" for 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
Jung Joon-young joined hands with Younha for the duet song, "달리함께 (Just the way you are)" which encourages people to gain confidence. This healing song contains both the rock spirit and ballad. As soon as it was released on May 29, 2014, it ranked top on several music charts such as Mnet, Bugs, and Olleh Music etc.
Jung Joon-young returned with his second mini album, Teenager on June 26, 2014. All the tracks in the album were composed and produced by Jung Joon Young himself and he also participated in the design and production of the album's concept, cover picture, and all other minor details regarding the album. The theme of the album is "the adult who dreams" and containing his wish for people who are exhausted by the world to start dreaming again. It ranked third on Gaon Album Chart in its first week of releasing.
In Jung Joon-young's rise to fame, it is announced that he has plans in expanding his music career throughout Asia. On July 19, Jung Joon-young joined the cast of Pretty Man such as Jang Keun-suk, IU and Lee Jang-woo as a guest performer for the drama concert in Japan. Jung Joon-young appeared at KCON Los Angeles, California as one of hosts as well as a guest performer from Aug. 9 to Aug. 10 and made his American concert debut by performing his singles including self-created rock single "Teenager". He also entertained the audience by covering his own version of Michael Jackson's "Black Or White". After having a showcase in Taiwan, he held a concert tour, titled, "2014 Demo Live Tour with Jung Joon-young," in China. Beginning on November 14 in Beijing, followed by Shenzhen on November 15 and Shanghai on November 16.
On August 1 Jung Joon Young's rep stated, Jung Joon Young will be taking on the challenge of a movie through Love Forecast starring alongside Lee Seung-gi and Moon Chae-won in which Jung Joon Young's character has a one-sided love towards Moon Chae-won's character.
Jung Joon Young participated in the OST for SBS’ Modern Farmer, singing the song "Same Place" which is a rock ballad that tells a heart-breaking love story. Shortly after "Same Place" was released on Dec. 5, the sound track of Blade & Soul "Show Time" has been released on Dec. 17.
Jung Joon-young made his big screen debut through a light-hearted romantic comedy film Love Forecast, which opened in theaters on Jan. 15, 2015. Jung next starred in The Lover, a 19+ drama aired by Mnet. He played as an unknown musician who is both living and dating a woman 12 years older than him. Later, he had a cameo in the 10th episode of the drama The Producers, with Roy Kim as an anti-fan.
Later, Jung debuted a rock band called 'Jung Joon Young Band' (JJY Band). His band is made up of himself and three musicians, guitarist DammIt, bassist Seok Won, and drummer Drok.Q. JJY Band released their first album Escape to Hangover which consists of eight tracks including the title track "OMG" on May 27, 2015. Brian Howes, a producer who had worked with American rock band Bon Jovi, produced the title song OMG, which was composed by Jung Joon Young and Vanilla Unity's Lee Seung Joo. Lee was also the executive producer for the album. Their debut album got positive reviews from music fans and critics. JJY Band held their very first solo concert in December 2015 with the name "JJY Band's Live & Talk 2015 'Attention'". Their first show was held in Tokyo on December 13. They continued to perform in Shanghai on December 26 and Seoul on December 30–31.
Jung next joined a new variety show called "Old House, New House" aired by JTBC as a cast member. The show features celebrities paired up with professional designers to provide home decoration and improvement, where each week, two groups will compete with each other to see which home makeover is the best.
2016: New label, Sympathy and Mistake
A representative from CJ E&M announced that their contract with Jung Joon Young expired in November 2015. Jung decided to not renew his contract with CJ E&M. On January 5, 2016, C9 Entertainment announced that Jung and his band officially signed an exclusive contract with their label, REALIVE. Under the new label, JJY Band announced that they will hold their first nationwide tour. Their first show kicked off in Daejeon on February 5 and Busan on February 6, then continued to Seoul on February 20 and 21.
On February 19, Jung announced his comeback with the solo album, 공감 (Sympathy). On the same day, he released a music video teaser of his new single. He picked soft rock as the main sound for his new solo album. 공감 (Sympathy), the title track, is a duet song recorded with Korean singer, Seo Young-eun. It was written, composed, and produced by Jung Joon-young. He also wrote, composed, and produced another track in the album and included his broad musical abilities in the album. Jung unveiled his new songs for the first time during JJY Band's concert on February 20 and 21 at the Art Hall of Lottecard Art Center in Seoul. 공감 (Sympathy) was officially released on February 24 along with the music video of the title track. On February 26, Jung released the music video for the second track in the album, Amy.
tvN announced on March 7 that Jung will join their cooking show, 집밥 백선생 2 (Mr. Baek The Homemade Food Master Season 2), as one of the casts where he will learn from Baek Jong-won, a popular Korean chef, about the art of home cooking. On March 30, JTBC announced that Jung will team up with Kangin, Jeong Jinwoon, and Lee Chul Woo for a new reality show, Hitmaker, in which they’ll be travelling overseas to try other countries' sports.
C9 Entertainment announced on May 20 that JJY Band will officially change their name to Drug Restaurant. They decided to change the band's name because they want to go with a name that focuses on the band altogether rather than centering it around the front-man vocalist, Jung Joon Young. The name "Drug Restaurant" means that through their music, the band hopes to become a source of medicine, healing, or escape for its listeners, by prescribing medicine better than a pharmacy.
Drug Restaurant released their second album, Mistake, on May 27 through digital download and on June 9 through physical album (CD). Their new album consists of five tracks including the title track Mistake. All songs in the album were written, composed, and arranged by the band members themselves. Drug Restaurant released the music video for Mistake on June 8.
2017: The First Person
On January 31, Jung Joon Young announced through his Instagram account that he will release his first full album which is titled 1인칭 (The First Person). Along with the announcement, he posted the first image teaser for his new album. On February 1, C9 Entertainment announced that 나와 너 (Me and You) will be the title track for Jung's new album. 나와 너 (Me and You) is a ballad song featuring a senior Korean singer, Jang Hye-jin. Two days later, Jung's agency revealed the tracklist of the album through their Twitter account. The album consists of nine tracks including intro, outro, five new songs and two songs from his previous single album, 공감 (Sympathy). All songs in the album were written, composed and arranged by Jung Joon Young. The producer of this album are Jung Joon Young and Lee Jihyun. Jung’s new album is released digitally on online sites on February 7 at midnight KST. The music video for his title track 나와 너 (Me and You) is also shared at that time on Jung's official Youtube channel. On February 18, Jung's agency announced that the Chinese version of his first full album, The First Person, was released digitally on iTunes and KKBox that day in 4 countries, Taiwan, Hongkong, Singapore and Malaysia. While the physical CD will be released on March 17. The Chinese version consists of 12 tracks, which included 9 songs from the Korean version of the album and 3 Chinese translated songs, Sympathy, Amy, and Me and You.
Jung Joon-young's music is rooted in alternative rock. Jung Joon-young stated that he was inspired to be rock musician after watching Nirvana's performance in MTV Unplugged when he was a teenager. Since then, he listened to many rock musicians from western rock bands like Queen, Led Zeppelin, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes, to Japanese rock bands like L'Arc-en-Ciel and Vamps.
The influences of Japanese rock and soft rock were particularly apparent on his solo albums. Jung's vocal delivery, with his distinctive low-husky voice gives a strong vibe of Japanese rock. For Drug Restaurant's debut album, Escape to Hangover, Jung explored garage rock and post-punk revival. During the making of his band's debut album, he listened to many garage rock bands to find inspiration.
- The First Person (2017)
Concert tour & Live performances
- Ansan Valley Rock Festival
- Superstar K5 "All-Star concert
- Jung Joon-young's Dream Concert
- Green Plugged Red 2013
- CGV ShinChon Mini Concert
- Countdown Seoul
- Busan Juvenile Talk Concert
- Jung Joon-young's Talk Concert
- Jung Joon-young's 1st Fan Meeting
- Samsung's Passion Talk Concert 2014 Outreach
- Pretty Man Summer Festival in Chiba
- Someday in July Concert
- Jung Joon Young & Eddie Kim Collaboration Concert in Ulsan
- Mnet K-CON 2014
- 2014 Let's Rock Festival
- 2014 Demo Live Tour with Jung Joon Young in China
- JJY Band @ Live Club Day
- 2015 Ansan Valley Rock Festival
- 2015 Summer K-pop Festival 2015
- 2015 Jeonju Rock Festival
- 2015 Let's Run Park Music Festival
- Mnet Monthly Live Connection Concert (October - Collaboration with Jonghyun, Eddy Kim, Go Young Bae)
- JJY Band @ Live Club Day (Halloween Show)
- 2015 International Campus Song Festival
- KBS Youth Concert
- LG U+ & MNet "No repeater, Fun Fun Concert"
- JJY Band's Live & Talk 2015 "Attention" Concert in Tokyo, Shanghai, and Seoul
- SBS Award Festival 2015
- JJY Band Live @ Rolling Hall 21st Anniversary
- JJY Band's Live & Talk 2016 Concert in Daejeon, Busan, and Seoul
- JJY Band's Bugs TV Special Live Vol.14
- 2016 Spark Concert in Hanoi
- JJY Band Live @ Seoul Food Festival
- Chuncheon Band Festival 2016
- Seoul Jazz Festival 2016
- Ulsan Duran Concert
- MBC Nanjang Culture Concert 2016
- Buyeo Seodong Lotus Festival 2016
- Seongnam Park Concert 2016
- Redcarrat Music Festival 2016
- REAL LIVE Concert Drug Restaurant x Pia Band in Seoul
- JJY Band = Drug Restaurant Live Tour Concert in Seoul, Busan, Gwangju, Daegu and Daejeon
- Jung Joon Young Live Concert with Drug Restaurant in Seoul, Daegu and Daejeon
- Jung Joon Young Live Concert with Drug Restaurant in Taipei
- Jung Joon Young Showcase in Tokyo
- Korea National University of Transportation Entrance Festival
- Rockstar Crew Concert 2017
- The City Forestival 2017
|2015||Love Forecast||Yeom Hyo-bong / Andrew|
|2013||Monstar||Han Ji-woong (young / ep.9)||Mnet|
|2014||Fated to Love You||Radio DJ (ep.8)||MBC|
|2015||The Lover||Jung Young-joon||Mnet|
|2015||The Producers||Cindy's anti-fan (ep.10)||KBS2|
|2016||The Sound of Your Heart||Jo Suk's neighbor (ep.2)||KBS2|
|2010||Tent in the City||Mnet||Cameo|
|2011||Ulzzang Generation Season 5||ComedyTV||Cast Member|
|2012||Superstar K4||Mnet||Contestant - Top 3|
|2013||Jung Joon-young's Be Stupid||OnStyle||Behind the scenes of album making process|
|We Got Married (Season 4)||MBC||Couple with Jeong Yu-mi|
|1 Night 2 Days (Season 3)||KBS2||Cast Member|
|2014||M! Countdown||Mnet||MC along with Ahn Jae-hyun|
|Foul Interview: 4 Things Show||Mnet||Main Interviewee|
|Fashion King Korea 2||SBS||Cast Member, pair up with the designer Han Sang Hyuk|
|Style Icon Awards 2014||OnStyle||MC along with Jang Yoon-ju|
|Laws of the Jungle||SBS||Cast Member - Treasure Island in Samoa|
|Old House New House||JTBC||Cast Member|
|2016||Mr. Baek The Homemade Food Master 2||tvN||Cast Member|
|Hit Maker||JTBC||Cast Member|
|What The Chart||CH Hyundai Card||MC along with Muzie|
|Celebrity Bromance||MBig TV||Cast Member with Roy Kim|
|Laws of the Jungle||SBS||Cast Member - Singer Special in East Timor|
|Jan 28,2013 ~ Mar 03,2013||MBC FM4U||Hope Song at Noon
김신영의 정오의 희망곡
|DJ||Temporary DJ for February 2013|
|May. 06, 2013~ Sept.01,2013||MBC FM4U||Close Friend
|DJ||From 20:00 to 22:00|
|July 7, 2014 ~ November 15, 2015||MBC FM||Jung Joon-young's Simsimtapa
|DJ||From 24:00 to 02:00|
Awards and nominations
|2013||3rd Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards||New Male Solo Artist||Won|
|Most Popular Karaoke Song of the Year with Roy Kim||Won|
|Mnet Asian Music Award||Best New Male Artist||Nominated|
|Artist of the Year||Nominated|
|MBC Entertainment Awards||Star of the Year||Won|
|28th Golden Disk Awards ||New Rising Star Award||Nominated|
|23rd Seoul Music Awards||Rookies Award||Nominated|
|Mnet 20's Choice||20's HOT Cover Music Award with Roy Kim||Won|
|2014||7th Style Icon Awards||Top 10 Style Icons||Nominated|
|16th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Style in Music||Won|
|Best Band Performance||Nominated|
|Union Pay Song of the Year (TEENAGER)||Nominated|
|KBS Entertainment Awards||Best Entertainer Award (Variety)||Won|
|2015||Korea Wave Fashion Festival||Best Airport Fashion (Singer Category)||Won|
|17th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Best Band Performance||Nominated|
|17th Mnet Asian Music Awards||Union Pay Song of the Year (OMG)||Nominated|
|KBS Entertainment Awards||Excellence Award (Variety)||Nominated|
- Kim Min-Kwan We are expecting Jung Joon-young's future Ohmynews,2012-11-22
- "Jung Joon Young Band Announces Name Change And Comeback Plans". May 20, 2016.
- "Jung Joon Young Set to Show His Past, Present, and Future with New Mini Album "Teenager"". Soompi. June 18, 2014.
-  kpopherald, 2014-10-04
-  BBC News, 2014-03-19
- "Jung Joon-young goes back to musical roots with new band". Korea Herald. 28 May 2015. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- Rocker Jung Joon Young Reveals his Linguistic Talents: Speaks Five Languages!
- Lee Kyung-Nam Jung Joon-young's father who is an international businessman
- possibility for 5 languages SBS E!, 2012-10-06
- "Jung Joon Young Enjoys the Fruits of His Labor in "Vogue Girl Korea" Photo Shoot". Soompi. August 10, 2013.
- "Jung Jun Young Says He Was Inspired To Become A Rock Star By Nirvana's Kurt Cobain". kpopstarz. July 28, 2014.
- Stewart Ho Reveals ‘Superstar K4’s Jung Joon Young Was Once a Fellow Member CJ E&M enewsWorld,2012-11-16
- Jung Joon Young is Not Glitz and Glamour But Serious Musician in “Arena Korea” Photo Shoot Soompi,2013-8-11
- Stewart Ho K4’s Jung Joon Young Discovered in Taetiseo enewsworld,2012-10-04
- "정준영 트윙클 뮤비 포착 "찾아낸 이가 대단해" - 아시아경제". Asiae.co.kr. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- Jung Joon-Young was on the TV Show"Ulzzang Generation" News DongA.2012-09-24
- "정준영 얼짱시대 출연 당시 관심 ..."뭔가 미묘하게 다른데..." - 헬스코리아뉴스". Hkn24.com. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "정준영·로이킴의 '먼지가 되어'..시청자 홀리다 - 스타뉴스". Star.mt.co.kr. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- Lee, JinHo Psy Says ′After Turning Into Dust′ on ′Superstar K4′ was the Best Ever CJ E&M enewsWorld,2012-12-10
- "정준영, '슈스케4' 톱4는 '실력' 이었다 - 스타뉴스". Star.mt.co.kr. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- 하성태(woodyh) @woodyh98. "정준영이 보여준 <슈퍼스타K4>의 진짜 지향점 - 오마이스타". Star.ohmynews.com. Archived from the original on 2013-03-17. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- "′Superstar K4′s′ Jung Joon Young Beats Lee Hi on Weekly Chart - Latest K-pop news, Korean drama & movie - enewsworld". Enewsworld.interest.me. 2012-11-20. Retrieved 2013-04-24.
- Financial starnnews 최현정 (2012-11-17). "정준영 탈락 소감 "클럽에서 춤 추고 여가 즐기고 싶어"".
- firstname.lastname@example.org (May 21, 2013). "정준영, CJ E&M과 전속계약 공식발표 "올여름 데뷔"". OSEN. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- email@example.com (May 21, 2013). "정준영, CJ E&M과 전속계약 확정 "올 여름 앨범 활동 예정"publisher=reviewstar". Archived from the original on May 3, 2014. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- "Jung Joon Young joins CJ E&M and set to heat things up this summer with a new release!". allkpop.com. May 21, 2013. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Grace Danbi Hong (September 27, 2013). "[Video] Jung Joon Young Reveals S Version Teaser of ‘Spotless Mind’". CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved September 27, 2013.
- "jung joon young has a successful fan meeting in Taiwan with 1000 fans". mwave. December 13, 2013.
- Lee, Sun-min (January 3, 2014). "Jung releases TV soundtrack song". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- "Jung Joon Young and Soul Dive Collaborate for Red Devils Cheer Song". Kpopstarz. March 13, 2014.
- "Jung Joon Young-Younha Releases Teaser of Duet "Just the Way You are"". Kpopstarz. May 26, 2014.
- "Samsung's "Passion Talk" Goes to China". Korea Bizwire in Culture & Society, Education, Marketing. June 10, 2014.
- "Jung Joon Young to Return as a ‘Teenager’ with Self-Produced Album". CJ E&M enewsWorld. June 20, 2014.
- "Jung Joon Young To Return With "TEENAGER"=kpopstarz". June 20, 2014.
- "Jung Joon Young Pretty Man and Concert Plans". June 20, 2014. Archived from the original on August 6, 2014.
- "'M! Countdown' Highlights': Block B Wins #1 On The '2 Nights In LA' KCON 2014 Episode Special + Performance Recaps". kpopstarz. Aug 16, 2014.
- "Jung Jun-young takes bigger step into China". kpopherald. October 4, 2014.
- "Jung Joon Young movie debut". Allkpop. August 1, 2014.
- "Jung Joon Young sings 'Same Place' for the 'Modern Farmer' OST". Allkpop. Dec 5, 2014.
- "Winners of The 2014 KBS Entertainment Awards". soompi. December 27, 2014.
- "Lee Seung Gi Gets Dissed By Moon Chae Won In The Full Trailer For ‘Today's Love=kpopstarz". December 17, 2014.
- "Jung Joon Young Of ‘The Lover’ Says The Noona Romance Is Impossible". April 1, 2015.
- "Jung Joon Young to make his comeback as part of 4-member band 'Jung Joon Young Band'". May 14, 2015.
- "Jung Joon Young Band Works with Bon Jovi's Producer for Debut Song". May 21, 2015.
- "Jung Joon Young Ceci Interview". MNB Magazine. 22 July 2015. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Jung Joon Young Band to hold 1st solo concert since debut". All Kpop. 27 October 2015. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- "チョン・ジュンヨン率いる「JJY BAND」13日の来日公演を控えてファンへのメッセージ動画を公開！". KStyle. 8 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "‘Old Home New Home’ Jung Joon-young, ‘Women's Room Expert!’". December 23, 2015.
- "Cooking out, interior design in". December 11, 2015. Archived from the original on December 12, 2015.
- "Singer Jung Joon Young Currently in Talks With CJ E&M for Contract Renewal". November 20, 2015.
- "정준영, C9엔터테인먼트 리얼라이브 레이블과 전속계약 체결". January 5, 2016.
- "정준영밴드, 데뷔 후 첫 전국투어". January 6, 2016.
- "Jung Joon Young to Release His Homme Fatale Attraction". February 19, 2016.
- "Jung Joon Young Dedicates a Song to "amy" in new MV". February 26, 2016.
- "정준영, '집밥 백선생2' 합류…"나머지 미정"[공식입장]". March 7, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Super Junior's Kangin, Jung Joon Young, 2AM's Jinwoon, and Lee Chul Woo to Star in New Reality Show". March 30, 2016.
- "정준영밴드, 드럭레스토랑으로 팀명 변경.."새 음반 준비중"". May 20, 2016.
- "JJY Band changes its name + gearing up for comeback". May 20, 2016.
- "Drug Restaurant signals comeback with 'Mistake' teaser image + tracklist!". May 25, 2016.
- "정준영 밴드의 새 이름 드럭 레스토랑, 27일 새 앨범으로 컴백". May 25, 2016.
- "Drug Restaurant deplore their 'Mistake' in new MV". June 8, 2016.
- "Jung Joon Young Reveals Teaser And Date For February Comeback". January 31, 2017.
- "장혜진, 정준영 컴백 지원..타이틀곡 '나와너' 피처링". February 1, 2017.
- "Update: Jung Joon Young Reveals Track List For Album "The First Person"". February 3, 2017.
- "Watch: Jung Joon Young Releases Emotional MV For "Me And You" Off New Full Album". February 7, 2017.
- "정준영, 동남아 4개국서 중국어 버전 '1인칭' 발매..본격 진출". February 18, 2017.
- 3rd Gaon Chart K-Pop Awards
- "'Dad, Where Are You Going' wins the Daesang at the '2013 MBC Entertainment Awards' + other winners!". Allkpop. 29 December 2013.
- 28th Golden Disk Awards
- "23rd Seoul Music Awards".
- "Winners of the '2013 Mnet 20's Choice Awards'!". allkpop. 2013-07-18. Retrieved 2013-07-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jung Joon-young.|
- C9 Entertainment profile (in Korean)