20 March 1990 |
Masan, Gyeongsangnam-do, South Korea
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Women's & mixed doubles|
|Highest ranking||2 (WD) 24 November 2016
26 (XD) 14 June 2012
|Current ranking||3 (WD) (8 December 2016)|
Jung Kyung-eun (Hangul: 정경은; Korean pronunciation: [tɕʌŋ.ɡjʌŋ.ɯn] or [tɕʌŋ] [kjʌŋ.ɯn]; born 20 March 1990) is a professional badminton player from South Korea. She competed at the 2014 Asian Games.
Jung Kyung-eun began her career competing in Singles, but now concentrates on doubles. She has attained the most success with her Women's Doubles partner Kim Ha-na. In April 2012 they won their first major title at the 2012 India Open. In Mixed Doubles she has recently partnered with Kim Ki-jung; however, they have not achieved the same level of results as they have had in Doubles with their respective genders.
At the 2012 Summer Olympics, Jung and her partner Kim Ha-na, along with Ha Jung-eun and Kim Min-jung of South Korea, Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang of China, and Meiliana Jauhari and Greysia Polii of Indonesia were disqualified from the competition for "not using one's best efforts to win a match" and "conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport" following matches the previous evening during which they were accused of trying to lose in order to manipulate the draw. Jung and her partner Kim Ha-na played against China's Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang. South Korea filed an appeal to the Badminton World Federation at the Olympics, but it was rejected.
Summer Olympic Games
|2016||Riocentro - Pavilion 4, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||Shin Seung-chan|| Tang Yuanting
Badminton Asia Championships
|2014||Gimcheon Indoor Stadium, Gimcheon, South Korea||Kim Ha-na|| Luo Ying
BWF World Junior Championships
|2007||Waitakere Trust Stadium, Waitakere City, New Zealand||Yoo Hyun-young|| Xie Jing
|18-21, 21-10, 15-21||Silver|
The BWF Superseries, launched on 14 December 2006 and implemented in 2007, is a series of elite badminton tournaments, sanctioned by Badminton World Federation (BWF). BWF Superseries has two level such as Superseries and Superseries Premier. A season of Superseries features twelve tournaments around the world, which introduced since 2011, with successful players invited to the Superseries Finals held at the year end.
|2016||Denmark Open||Shin Seung-chan|| Misaki Matsutomo
|21-19, 11-21, 16-21||Runner-up|
|2016||Korea Open||Shin Seung-chan|| Luo Ying
|2016||Malaysia Open||Shin Seung-chan|| Tang Yuanting
|2015||Denmark Open||Shin Seung-chan|| Tian Qing
|2015||Malaysia Open||Shin Seung-chan|| Luo Ying
|2014||India Open||Kim Ha-na|| Tang Yuanting
|10-21, 21-13, 18-21||Runner-up|
|2012||India Open||Kim Ha-na|| Bao Yixin
BWF Grand Prix
|2011||Korea Masters||Kim Ki-jung|| Yoo Yeon-seong
BWF International Challenge/Series
|2010||Vietnam International||Yoo Hyun-young|| Rie Eto
|2007||Korea International||Yoo Hyun-young|| Lee Seul-gi
Record against selected opponents
- Leanne Choo & Renuga Veeran 1–0
- Alex Bruce & Michelle Li 1–0
- Xia Huan & Tang Jinhua 0–2
- Wang Xiaoli & Yu Yang 0–5
- Tian Qing & Zhao Yunlei 0–5
- Bao Yixin & Zhong Qianxin 1–3
- Bao Yixin & Tian Qing 1–0
- Bao Yixin & Cheng Shu 0–1
- Ma Jin & Tang Jinhua 1–1
- Luo Ying & Luo Yu 3–4
- Tang Yuanting & Yu Yang 0–1
- Cheng Wen-hsing & Chien Yu-chin 1–2
- Christinna Pedersen & Kamilla Rytter Juhl 2–3
- Poon Lok Yan & Tse Ying Suet 2–0
- Jwala Gutta & Ashwini Ponnappa 2–1
- Vita Marissa & Nadya Melati 1–0
- Mizuki Fujii & Reika Kakiiwa 3–1
- Miyuki Maeda & Satoko Suetsuna 3–0
- Shizuka Matsuo & Mami Naito 3–2
- Misaki Matsutomo & Ayaka Takahashi 6–3
- Reika Kakiiwa & Miyuki Maeda 2–2
- Ha Jung-eun & Kim Min-jung 1–3
- Chin Eei Hui & Wong Pei Tty 2–0
- Shinta Mulia Sari & Yao Lei 1–0
- Duanganong Aroonkesorn & Kunchala Voravichitchaikul 2–0
- "JUNG Kyung Eun Player Profile". bwf.tournamentsoftware.com. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "선수데이터 > 국내선수 > 정경은". Badmintonkorea.co.kr. 6 July 2012.
- "JUNG Kyungeun". Incheon 2014 official website. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "Rankings of Kyung Eun JUNG". tournamentsoftware.com.
- "BBC Sport – Olympics badminton: Eight women disqualified from doubles". Bbc.co.uk. 1 August 2012.
- Reports: Eight Badminton Players Tossed Out Of Olympics
- "BWF Launches Super Series". Badminton Australia. 15 December 2006.
- "Yonex All England Elevated To BWF Premier Super Series Event". Badmintonstore.com. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "tournamentsoftware.com". tournamentsoftware.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jung Kyung-eun.|