Power Rangers Jungle Fury
|Power Rangers Jungle Fury|
|Directed by||Mark Beesley
David de Lautour
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||32 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Bruce Kalish
|Location(s)||New Zealand and Japan|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||BVS Entertainment
Renaissance Atlantic Entertainment
Toei Company, Ltd.
Ranger Productions, Ltd.
BVS International (previously)
|Original network||Nicktoons (reruns)|
|Original release||February 18– November 3, 2008|
|Preceded by||Power Rangers Operation Overdrive|
|Followed by||Power Rangers RPM|
Power Rangers Jungle Fury is the sixteenth season in the American children's television series Power Rangers. Toy merchandising in the U.S. began in November 2007 and the show premiered on February 18, 2008, and uses footage from Juken Sentai Gekiranger, the thirty-first Japanese Super Sentai series. Jungle Fury is broadcast on Toon Disney's Jetix programming block and ABC Kids in the United States. This is the third Disney series not to have crossover with previous season Rangers following Power Rangers: Ninja Storm and Power Rangers: Mystic Force. It is also the final Power Rangers series to air on Jetix, as well as Toon Disney.
For over 10,000 years, a spirit of pure evil known as Dai Shi has been locked away and safely guarded by the Pai Zhua - The Order of the Claw - a secretive Kung Fu clan. The Pai Zhua select their three top members, Jarrod, Theo, and Lily, to become the new guardians of Dai Shi. Jarrod's arrogant and bullying nature led to him being excluded and instead a rookie named Casey is chosen to take his place.
During the initiation ceremony Jarrod returns and attacks Master Mao, inadvertently breaking the vessel containing Dai Shi's essence as he does so. The freed Dai Shi kills Master Mao and takes over Jarrod's body who then escapes. The trio are sent to the city of Ocean Bluff to seek their new master, and find him to be a man named RJ - chef and owner of "Jungle Karma Pizza". After testing them RJ grants them the powers and abilities of Jungle Power Rangers, making them Earth's only hope to stop Dai Shi - who along with his Lieutenant Camille, other henchmen, and army of undead Rinshi warriors is attempting to take over the world and allow animals to rule over humans.
Initially RJ acts only as Sensei and trainer to the Power Rangers, but as the series progresses he joins their ranks as the Wolf Ranger. During this time they are also joined by Dominic who studied with RJ, and Fran - originally a customer then employee of Karma Pizza. Dominic joins as the Rhino Power Ranger, and Fran is enlisted to watch the monitors and advise of Rinshi attacks while RJ is with the other Power Rangers. Eventually, Camille is targeted by henchmen Scorch and Snapper who are jealous of her popularity with Dai Shi - although in reality it is Jarrod's own human spirit fighting against the Dai Shi she is attracted to. As a result, she turns against both them and Dai Shi, enabling Jarrod to throw off its spirit control and the two join the Power Rangers who use their animal spirits finally to defeat Dai Shi and its forces.
In the epilogue Jarrod goes back to the Pai Zhua to begin his training again, followed by Camille who later returns as a Power Ranger in her own right. Lily, Theo, and RJ remain at Karma Pizza. Dominic and Fran backpack around the world, and Casey becomes a teacher at the Pai Zhua - with Jarrod and Camille among his students.
Jungle Fury Rangers
- Jason Smith as Casey Rhodes, the Red Tiger Ranger
- Aljin Abella as Theo Martin, the Blue Jaguar Ranger.
- Anna Hutchison as Lily Chilman, the Yellow Cheetah Ranger.
- David de Lautour as Robert "RJ" James, the Purple Wolf Ranger.
- Nikolai Nikolaeff as Dominic "Dom" Hargan, the White Rhino Ranger.
Jungle Fury Spirit Rangers
- Bruce Allpress as Master Phant, the Elephant Spirit Ranger.
- Oliver Driver as Master Swoop, the Bat Spirit Ranger.
- Paul Gittins as Master Fin, the Shark Spirit Ranger.
- Bede Skinner as Jarrod
- Holly Shanahan as Camille
- Geoff Dolan as the voice of Dai Shi
- Cameron Rhodes as the voice of Carnisoar
- Elisabeth Easther as the voice of Jellica
- Derek Judge as the voice of Grizzaka
- Mark Wright as the voice of Scorch
- Richard Simpson as the voice of Snapper
- Jared Turner as the voice of Whiger (In Episode 29)
- "Power Rangers Jungle Fury - Way of the Master (Vol. 2)". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- "trivialTV: Power Rangers Jungle Fury". Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- "Ray's Galleries — Licensing 2007/IMG 0227". Archived from the original on 2007-06-29. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- "Power Rangers Jungle Fury TV Listings | TVGuide.com". Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- Haugsted, Linda (August 11, 2008). "Disney 'Toons' In a New Brand". Multichannel News. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "PRJF Press Release: Fact Sheet". Retrieved 2008-02-17.
- "PRJF Press Release: Show Description". Retrieved 2008-02-17.