Jungwon Air Base
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Jungwon Air Base|
F-16 takes off from Jungwon Air Base
|IATA: JWO – ICAO: RKTI|
|Location||Chungju, South Korea|
|Elevation AMSL||281 ft / 86 m|
The base is home to the ROKAF 19th Fighter Wing (제19전투비행단), comprising:
- 161st Fighter Squadron flying F-16C/D (Block32)
- 162nd Fighter Squadron flying F-16C/D (Block32)
- 155th Fighter Squadron flying KF-16C/D (Block52)
- 159th Fighter Squadron flying KF-16C/D (Block52)
Accidents and incidents
- 30 June 2003, F-16 made a hard landing, the pilot ejected successfully
- 27 January 2006, F-16C #85-1576 crashed shortly after takeoff, the pilot ejected successfully
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". IATA. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- Airport information for RKTI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- "Chronological listing of South Korean losses and ejections". Ejection-history.org.uk. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
- Media related to Jungwon Air Base at Wikimedia Commons