Junior is a category of athletics in which athletes compete under the age of 20 years. Countries all around the world compete in athletics. World Junior Athletics Competitions are held every 2 years which contain the best junior competitors in the world.
Description and development
The principle behind the category is to introduce young people into athletics. Participators in the competitions in this class may be athletes who have not completed their twentieth birthday on the 31st December of the year the competition occurs.
- IAAF World U20 Championships, organized by the IAAF every 2 years
- European Athletics Junior Championships, organized by the EAA every 2 years
- African Junior Athletics Championships
- Asian Junior Athletics Championships
- Central American and Caribbean Junior Championships in Athletics
- Pan American Junior Athletics Championships
- Oceania Junior Athletics Championships, organized by the OAA every 2 years
- List of world junior records in athletics
- International Association of Athletics Federations
- European Athletic Association
- Youth (athletics)
- "Basic Information Guide – 2011 IAAF". iaaf.org. 18 September 2011.