|Full name||Héctor Junior Firpo Adames|
|Date of birth||22 August 1996|
|Place of birth||Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 December 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 30 June 2019
Héctor Junior Firpo Adames (born 22 August 1996), known as Junior Firpo or simply Junior, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Barcelona. Mainly a left-back, he can also play as a winger or a central defender.
Born in Santo Domingo, Junior moved to Benalmádena, Málaga, Andalusia at the age of six and joined Real Betis' youth setup in June 2014, aged 18, from CD Puerto Malagueño. He made his senior debut with the reserves on 15 February 2015, starting in a 1–1 home draw against Granada CF B for the Segunda División B championship.
Definitely promoted to the B-side ahead of the 2015–16 season, Junior appeared regularly during the season, which ended in relegation. On 17 April 2016 he scored his first senior goal, netting the third in a 4–0 away routing of Algeciras CF.
On 1 August 2017, after spending the whole pre-season with the main squad, Junior renewed his contract until 2021. He made his first team – and La Liga – debut the following 12 February, starting in a 1–0 away defeat of Deportivo de La Coruña, becoming the first Dominican Republic-born player who have ever featured in La Liga.
Junior scored his first professional goal on 17 March 2018, netting the first in a 3–0 home win against RCD Espanyol. On 19 August, after being definitely promoted to the main squad, he agreed to a contract extension until 2023.
On 4 August 2019, Junior signed a five-year deal with Barcelona for €18 million plus €12 million in add-ons. He made his debut three weeks later in a 5–2 home win over his former club Betis, playing the last nine minutes in place of Rafinha.On 28 September 2019, Junior scored his first goal for Barcelona and the second goal against Getafe in 2–0 win.
Despite being born in the Dominican Republic, he has spent the majority of his life in Spain and continues to hold citizenship for both countries. On 9 October 2015, he played the entire second half of a 0–6 non-FIFA friendly loss for the Dominican Republic senior national team against the Brazil Olympic team.
On 31 August 2018, Junior was called up to the Spain under-21 team for two 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying matches against Albania and Northern Ireland. He made his debut on 7 September, starting in a 3–0 win against the former.
- As of match played 7 December 2019
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Europe||Other||Total|
|Betis B||2014–15||Segunda División B||2||0||0||0||—||—||—||2||0|
|FC Barcelona||2019–20||La Liga||8||1||0||0||—||2[b]||0||—||10||1|
- "Acta del Partido celebrado el 16 de agosto de 2019, en Bilbao" [Minutes of the Match held on 16 August 2019, in Bilbao] (in Spanish). Royal Spanish Football Federation. Retrieved 17 August 2019.
- "Juvenil | Junior Firpo, "Black Power" para el juvenil del Real Betis" [Juvenil | Junior Firpo, "Black Power" for Real Betis' youth team] (in Spanish). Futbol Carrasco. 3 September 2014. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "El Betis cierra varios fichajes para su cantera" [Betis complete various signings for their youth setup] (in Spanish). Manquepierda. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Junior extends his contract with Real Betis". Real Betis. 1 August 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Lastra, Luis (23 February 2018). "Junior: "Cuando llegué a España, no sabía ni qué era el fútbol"" [Junior: «When I arrived in Spain, I did not even know what football was»] (in Spanish). El Correo de Andalucía. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
I have dual citizenship because I've been here (in Spain) for fifteen years. It is not that I consider myself more Spanish than Dominican, because I feel very proud of being Dominican and of my country, but I have been here for a long time and I also consider myself Spanish.
- "El Betis mira a Europa en la noche negra de Pau" [Betis aim to Europa in Pau's dark night] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 17 March 2018. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Junior and Real Betis extend the existing contract between them until 2023". Real Betis. 19 August 2018. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "Barça sign Junior Firpo". FC Barcelona. 4 August 2019. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Junior Firpo: Barcelona apologise over Betis tweet". BBC Sport. 26 August 2019. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- "Seleção olímpica arrasa a frágil República Dominicana em Manaus" [Olympic national team thrash the fragile Dominican Republic in Manaus] (in Portuguese). Rolando a Bola. 10 October 2015. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "OFICIAL | Esta es la convocatoria para los partidos ante Albania e Irlanda del Norte" [OFFICIAL | This is the call-up for the matches against Albania and Northern Ireland] (in Spanish). Selección Española de Fútbol. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "3–0: España vence a Albania y sella su pase a la Eurocopa sub-21" [3–0: Spain defeat Albania and seal their qualification to the under-21 EURO] (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. 7 September 2018. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Spain U21 2–1 Germany U21". 30 June 2019. Retrieved 1 July 2019.