The Junkie and the Juicehead Minus Me is the 48th album by country singer Johnny Cash, released in 1974 on Columbia Records. Although credited to Cash alone, the album includes solo performances by his daughters Rosanne Cash and Carlene Carter (the latter credited as Carlene Routh), predating the launch of their own solo careers. Two songs on the album were written by Kris Kristofferson, while "Don't Take Your Guns to Town" is a re-recording of a highly successful Cash single, his first smash hit for Columbia from back in 1958. "Father and Daughter (Father and Son)" is a cover version of a well-known Cat Stevens song and a duet with Cash's stepdaughter, Rosie Nix Adams, with slight changes in lyrics; a version of the same song would be released in 2003 on Unearthed, as a duet with Fiona Apple. June Carter Cash also performs a solo track, one of only a couple of occasions where she did this outside of concert recordings.
||"The Junkie and the Juicehead, Minus Me"
||"Don't Take Your Guns to Town"
||"Broken Freedom Song" (performed by Rosanne Cash)
||"I Do Believe"
||"Ole Slew Foot" (with June Carter Cash and family)
||"Keep on the Sunny Side" (with June Carter Cash and family)
||A. P. Carter, Gary Garett
||"Father and Daughter (Father and Son)" (with Rosie Nix Adams)
||"Crystal Chandeliers and Burgundy"
||"Friendly Gates" (performed by Carlene Carter)
||"Billy and Rex and Oral and Bob"
||"Jesus" (with June Carter Cash)
||"Lay Back with My Woman"
Note: Track 2 "Don't Take Your Guns To Town" is a re-recording, recorded 18 June 1974 at Sound Spectrum Recording, House Of Cash, Hendersonville, TN.
- Johnny Cash - vocals, guitar
- Bob Wootton, Carl Perkins, Jerry Hensley, David Jones, Randy Scruggs, Jerry Shook, Helen Carter, Jack Routh - guitar
- Marshall Grant, Ronnie Reno, Jimmy Tittle - bass
- WS Holland, DJ Fontana - drums
- Stu Basone - steel guitar
- Gordon Terry - fiddle
- Larry McCoy, Jerry Whitehurst - piano
- The Carter Family, Rosanne Cash, Carlene Routh, Rosey Nix, June Carter Cash - vocals
- Additional personnel
- Produced by Charlie Bragg and Johnny Cash
- Cover photo: Marion Ward
- Flyleaf photos: Marion Ward and Hope Powell
- Album design: Bill Barnes and Peggy Owens
Album - Billboard (North America)