This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Science, Technology, News|
|Founder||Chris Fisher, Bryan Lunduke|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Chris Fisher, Angela Fisher|
|Products||Video podcasts and Audio podcasts|
Jupiter Broadcasting is a podcasting network formed by Chris Fisher and Bryan Lunduke in May 2008 following the initial success of The Linux Action Show!. In 2008, the company had only two shows: The Linux Action Show! and CastaBlasta. As of early 2017[update] they produce nine video and audio podcasts.
- Ask Noah, a community oriented Q & A show featuring live callers run by Noah Chelliah. The show is also broadcast live on a local radio station.
- BSD Now, an all-encompassing BSD video podcast covering a range of topics on a variety of BSDs. It is hosted by Allan Jude and Kris Moore.
- Coder Radio, a talk show that advises listeners on business and software development. It is hosted by Michael Dominick and Chris Fisher.
- Linux Action News, Weekly Linux news and analysis by Chris and Joe. The show every week we hope you'll go to when you want to hear an informed discussion about what’s happening.
- LINUX Unplugged, a spin-off of The Linux Action Show! where the hosts Chris Fisher and Wes Payne (formerly Chris Fisher and Matt Hartley) together with an open Mumble room discusses topics around Linux.
- TechSNAP, a "Systems, Networking, and Administration Podcast" in video form that discusses major security flaws in large systems. It is hosted by Dan Langille and Wes Payne (previously Allan Jude and Chris Fisher).
- Tech Talk Today, a daily commentary show focusing on tech news and Internet culture. Chris and Angela Fisher host. The show was on hiatus from September 2016 and relaunched in February 2018.
- Unfilter, an unconventional news program that "unfilters the news" by reporting stories not covered by major networks, released in audio and video form. It is hosted by Chase Nunes and Chris Fisher.
- Rover Log, Chris's personal vlog.
- User Error, random discussions featuring hosts Chris Fisher, Noah Chelliah, and "The Beard".
- Beer is Tasty, a show which reviewed various beers.
- FauxShow, branded as "not a real show, but a social experience", is a video podcast about topics which interest the hosts and includes heavy community involvement. Last broadcast to date was in February 2016. It is hosted by Chris and Angela Fisher.
- HowTo Linux, a show focusing on Linux tutorials geared toward new and experienced Linux users. Chris Fisher and Chase Nunes host.
- Joint Failures, a general entertainment.
- Jupiter@Nite, a loose talkshow-style show, its theme from current events with an emphasis on science and technology.
- Legend of The Stoned Owl (LOTSO), a show that focused on video games news and reviews.
- Linux Action Show, a technology show featuring News, Interviews, Recommendations, Discussions and more with a focus on Linux, the Open Source Community and the Free-Software Community. LAS is hosted by Chris Fisher (2006–2017) and Noah Chelliah (February 1, 2015 – 2017)
- MMOrgue, focused specifically on massively multiplayer online games.
- Plan B, an audio show that discussed news relating to Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies. New episodes may be produced.
- SciByte, an audio-only science news show which often discusses astronomy- and medicine-related news. It is hosted by Chris Fisher and Heather Rose.
- STOked, focused on Star Trek Online.
- TORked, focused on Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Women’s Tech Radio, Interviews with women in technology-related fields, hosted by Angela Fisher and Paige Hubbell.
All shows are streamed live, and when shows are not being streamed there are usually repeats of past shows, The Computer Chronicles, & movies.
As of early 2017, all shows from the main JB1 studio are being streamed using Linux and open source technologies. All remaining proprietary software had been removed and replaced by free alternatives which according to Chris Fisher don't present any type of downgrade to the content's quality.
- The Linux Action Show came fourth after Richard Stallman in the Linux Journal for Best Linux/OSS Advocate/Evangelist for 2013.
- Ask Noah, Linux Unplugged, and TechSNAP made it in the top 50 of VertitechIT's Best IT Podcasts: 50 Informative (and Entertaining) Shows for IT Pros. Ask Noah came in #3, Linux Unplugged #20, and TechSNAP #38.
- Fisher, Chris. "Jupiter Broadcasting Hosts". Jupiter Broadcasting. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- van Essen, Gerard (9 September 2013). "bsdnow.tv Podcast – Episode 1". FreeBSD News. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "BSD Now - about". bsdnow.tv. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Clem, John. "Top 5 podcasts for iOS developers". Code Fellows. Retrieved 14 June 2014.
- Stahie, Silviu (5 November 2014). "Ubuntu MATE 14.04 LTS Is in the Works, Will Be Better than 14.10". Softpedia. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- Linton, Susan (15 August 2013). "New Linux Podcast Could be What You're Looking For". OStatic. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "SolydXK in the Linux Action Show and Linux Unplugged". SolydXK. 2014-03-01. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- Singh, Manish (25 March 2014). "10 Technology Podcasts to Follow". Make Tech Easier. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Rover | Jupiter Broadcasting". www.jupiterbroadcasting.com. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- "Chris Fisher". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- Larabel, Michael (6 August 2012). "Talking Phoronix On The Linux Action Show". Phoronix. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "SolydXK Linux Review – Linux Action Show". SolydXK. 2014-03-17. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- Lunduke, Bryan. "Linux Action Show ends after 10-year run". Network World. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- "Linux Action Show to End Eleven-Year Run at LFNW | FOSS Force". FOSS Force. 2017-03-28. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
- Lunduke, Bryan (30 July 2012). "I have officially retired from the Linux Action Show". [Bryan] Lunduke.com. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Dalziel, Henry (July 2013). "Our favorite Information Security podcasts of 2013". Concise Courses. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- Fisher, Chris (13 August 2013). "US vs Bitcoin Revolution". Jupiter Broadcasting. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Tengrrl, Bunny (3 March 2013). "Featured Channel: #JupiterBroadcasting". GeekShed. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "TechSNAP subreddit". reddit. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Linux Action Show subreddit". reddit. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Chris Fisher (2017-05-12), Studio Tour Quickie // VLOG 45, retrieved 2017-05-31
- Powers, Shawn (2 December 2013). "Readers' Choice Awards 2013". Linux Journal. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "Best IT Podcasts: 50 Informative (and Entertaining) Shows for IT Pros". VertitechIT. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2009-02-18), Tour of LinuxFest Northwest 2008, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2010-04-25), LinuxFest Northwest 2010 | The Linux Action Show! s11e09, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2011-05-01), Live from LFNW 2011 | LAS | s16e07, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2011-05-06), Podcasting With Linux [LFNW 2011], retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2012-04-29), LinuxFest Northwest 2012 | LAS | s21e07, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2013-04-29), LinuxFest NW 2013 PT 1 | LAS s26e08, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2013-05-05), LinuxFest NW 2013 PT 2 | LAS s26e09, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2014-04-28), LinuxFest Northwest 2014 | Linux Action Show 310, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2014-04-29), The Rest of the Fest | LINUX Unplugged 38, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2015-04-26), Rockin 2015 LinuxFest NW | Linux Action Show 362, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2015-04-28), How The Fest Was Fun | LINUX Unplugged 90, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2015-05-06), Living The Linux Life | Women’s Tech Radio 25, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2015-05-13), Change The World | Women’s Tech Radio 26, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2015-05-20), GetMakered | Women’s Tech Radio 27, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2015-07-01), Language Workbench | Women’s Tech Radio 33, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2016-04-24), LinuxFest Northwest 2016 | Linux Action Show 414, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2016-05-01), Linux Switch Competition | Linux Action Show 415, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2017-05-08), For the LAS Time | Linux Action Show 468, retrieved 2017-06-01
- Jupiter Broadcasting (2017-05-08), Live from Linuxfest NW | Ask Noah 6, retrieved 2017-06-01
- www.jupiterbroadcasting.com — official site