Jurassic Park III: Park Builder
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Jurassic Park III: Park Builder|
|Platform(s)||Game Boy Advance|
|Genre(s)||Construction and Management Simulation|
Jurassic Park III: Park Builder challenges the player to design and run an island-based Jurassic Park theme park, similar to Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. The player must first send an excavation team to one of eight worldwide locations to search for fossilized mosquitoes that contain dinosaur DNA, which is then used to create dinosaurs.
The player can place structures in the park such as hotels, restaurants and shops. Hurricanes and earthquakes can damage the park's buildings. The player must advertise the park in order to attract more customers. Visitors to the park must view the dinosaurs while riding on tour buses. The player begins with three buses and can purchase more later.
The player is given a maximum of eight holding pens for however many dinosaurs the park may have. There are six different environments on the island, including jungles, a beach, plains, and a desert. Dinosaurs can become ill and require medical attention. To keep them healthy, the dinosaurs are placed in environments that closely resemble their natural habitat.
The game features 140 creatures, including Brachiosaurus, Mosasaurus, Pteranodon, Spinosaurus, Stegosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. The dinosaurs, depending on their size and aggression, are grouped into six categories: three for carnivores and three for herbivores.
AllGame criticized the game for its few sound effects and "generic background music", as well as the need to "constantly switch back and forth" between different menu screens, "making it easy to forget what you're doing in relation to what needs to be done."
IGN wrote a positive review but criticized the game for its lack of a tutorial mode: "It's a very complex game with tons of little elements to manage...and it's boggling to see that the developers don't offer even the most basic tutorial for beginner park builders. Right from the get-go, you're thrust into the game without knowing what does what, or how you're supposed to do it."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-06-07. Retrieved 2014-04-13.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Jurassic Park III: Park Builder". Nintendo Power Advance magazine. 2001. p. 72–82. Retrieved 2015-03-01.
- "Jurassic Park III: Park Builder for Game Boy Advance". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Jurassic Park III: Park Builder for Game Boy Advance Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- Beam, Jennifer. "Jurassic Park III: Park Builder - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on 2014-11-15. Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- CVG Staff (2001-11-10). "GBA Review: Jurassic Park III: Park Builder". Computer and Video Games. Archived from the original on 2007-06-24. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Jurassic Park III: Park Builder". Game Informer. 2001.
- Harris, Craig. "Jurassic Park III: Park Builder". IGN. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Jurassic Park III: Park Builder". Nintendo Power. 148. September 2001.