Jurassic World: The Ride
|Jurassic World: The Ride|
|Universal Studios Hollywood|
|Opening date||Summer 2019|
|Replaced||Jurassic Park: The Ride (1996–2018)|
|Attraction type||Shoot the Chute|
Jurassic World: The Ride is an updated attraction (ride) that will be themed to the Jurassic World series at Universal Studios Hollywood. The original Jurassic Park: The Ride, which operated from June 21, 1996 to September 3, 2018, is undergoing a major refurbishment to become the Jurassic World attraction.
The ride was announced on May 10, 2018, by Universal Studios Hollywood officials during the 25th anniversary of the 1993 film Jurassic Park, directed by Steven Spielberg. It was stated that Jurassic Park: The Ride, which opened on June 21, 1996, would be closed for retheming based on the 2015 film Jurassic World and its 2018 sequel Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
The Jurassic Cafe restaurant and Jurassic Outfitters retail store near the original attraction also closed temporarily to be rethemed and will reopen along with the Jurassic World themed attraction, opening in summer 2019. Jurassic Cafe will introduce a bar called Isla Nu-bar, named after the series' fictional Isla Nublar island. A digital Mosasaurus will be featured on the ride. Industrial Light & Magic collaborated with the design team at Universal Studios Hollywood to create the creature and its environment.
The raft ride will first include encounters with docile dinosaurs such as Stegosaurus and Parasaurolophus, followed by the predatory Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus. Following a battle between a Tyrannosaurus rex and another dinosaur, the riders' raft would then go down an 84-foot waterfall. The Mosasaurus, which appeared in the Jurassic World films, is part of the Aquarium Observatory section, an area that responds to real-world weather.
In addition to the Mosasaurus, the attraction also includes two interactive components: Raptor Encounter, in which visitors interact with Blue, the Velociraptor from the Jurassic World films; and Dino Play, in which young visitors excavate large dinosaur fossils. Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and B.D. Wong will reprise their respective characters (Owen Grady, Claire Dearing, and Henry Wu), who will provide guests with information about the dinosaurs.
- Fadroski, Kelli Skye (March 22, 2019). "Universal Studios Hollywood announces details for Jurassic World — The Ride, opening this summer". Los Angeles Daily News. Retrieved May 1, 2019.
- "Universal Studios Hollywood's Jurassic Park ride is going extinct". Entertainment Weekly. May 10, 2018. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- "THE COUNTDOWN TO THE EXTINCTION OF "JURASSIC PARK—THE RIDE" AT UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD STARTS NOW". NBCUniversal. May 10, 2018. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Sollosi, Mary (April 17, 2019). "Universal Studios Hollywood teases upcoming 'Jurassic World' ride". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 1, 2019.
- Sciretta, Peter (June 17, 2019). "First Look: 'Jurassic World - The Ride's Isla Nu-bar Will Feature Collectible Tiki Cocktails and More". /Film. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- Pearson, Ben (May 23, 2019). "Universal's Jurassic World Ride Will React to Actual Weather Changes; Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and BD Wong to Reprise Their Roles". /Film. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- Jones, Marcus (May 23, 2019). "Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard to reprise their roles in Universal's 'Jurassic World' ride". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 6, 2019.