Jurgens Ci Caravans
Jurgens Ci Caravans Ltd, founded in 1952, is South Africa’s oldest and largest caravan manufacturer. The company operates from a head office in Ga-Rankuwa, north of Pretoria, Gauteng, and has a canvas division in New Germany, KwaZulu-Natal. The company was founded in Germiston in 1952 by Geert Jurgens and his sons, Dirk and Rieks, who emigrated to South Africa from the Netherlands in 1950.
Over a history spanning 60 years, the company has helped to drive South Africa’s domestic tourism market and has responded to changing market needs by adding add pop-tops, off-road caravans, motorhomes, truck bodies, luggage trailers, canvas products and off-road trailers to its product range.
- "The Jurgens story. Famous Caravan Manufacturers in South Africa". Caravansa.co.za. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- Stammer, Gunther; Laing, Keith (2014). 60 Years of Caravanning in South Africa. South Africa: Jurgens Ci (Pty) Ltd. p. 97. ISBN 978-0-620-59065-5.
- "Jurgens Ci - Caravan Manufacturers, South Africa, Jurgens, Gypsey, Sprite, WJ Motorhomes, Jurgens Safari,Howling Moon, CAMPWORLD". Jurgensci.co.za. Archived from the original on 21 September 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Jurgens Still Going Strong After 60 Years". Doitnow.co.za. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Jurgens Ci Pty Ltd: Company Profile - Bloomberg". Bloomberg. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "The Jurgens Caravan Story: Part 2". Caravansa.co.za. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Imperial Annual Report 2011 - Divisional review- Automotive retail". Financialresults.co.za. Retrieved 18 November 2014.
- "Jurgens Australia - About Us". Jurgens.com.au. Retrieved 18 November 2014.