Šics in 2015
|Born||26 April 1983 (age 35)|
|Height||174 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lb)|
Juris Šics (born 26 April 1983) is a Latvian luger. He competed in the 2006, 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympics, and won a silver medal in the men's doubles event in 2010 and two bronze medals in 2014, alongside his teammate and younger brother Andris Šics.
Šics won three bronze medals at the FIL World Luge Championships (Men's doubles: 2011, Mixed team: 2008, 2009). He also won seven medals in the mixed team event at the FIL European Luge Championships with golds in 2008 and 2010, silvers in 2014 and 2016, and a bronzes in 2006, 2015 and 2017. Šics' best individual European championship finish in the men's doubles event was third in 2015.
- Juris Šics. sports-reference.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Juris Šics.|
- Juris Šics at the International Luge Federation
- Juris Sics at the International Olympic Committee
- Juris Šics at the Latvijas Olimpiskā Komiteja (in Latvian)
- List of European luge champions (eiskanal.com) at the Wayback Machine (archived 2008-03-25) (in German)
|This biographical article relating to luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Latvian winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|