Jurong Entertainment Centre
|Jurong Entertainment Centre|
Jurong Entertainment Centre in July 2006
|Location||Jurong East, Singapore|
|Address||2 Jurong East Central 1, Singapore 609731|
|Owner||Shaw Organisation (1993–2005) |
|Floor area||110,000 square feet (10,000 m2)|
Opened in 1993, the shopping centre was within walking distance from Jurong East MRT station. It had a net lettable retail floor area of 110,000 square feet (10,000 m2), with a cineplex of four movie theatres operated by the Shaw Organisation on the ground floor, and featured the Fuji Ice Palace on third floor, one of the only two ice rinks in Singapore.
In 2000, the ground floor theatres were converted to a total of six theatres.
The Jurong Entertainment Centre was acquired by CapitaMall Trust Management Limited for S$68 million in 2005. It was closed for redevelopment in October 2008 and was expected to be completed by 2011.
The S$138.2 million asset enhancement work planned to house Singapore’s first Olympic-size ice skating rink measuring 60m x 30m with a 460-seat gallery for spectators. Other asset enhancement includes a newly created floor where the present cineplex was relocated to. The retail space on all floors was also reconfigured so as to maximise the efficiency at the mall. In addition, a rooftop landscaped garden was constructed on the top level.
However, due to the financial crisis of 2007–2008 and high construction costs, the redevelopment programme was delayed. The building was completely demolished in February 2010.
The 204,000 square feet (19,000 m2) new mall, named JCube, comprises five levels of retail, two basement levels of car park and a rooftop landscaped plaza. JCube started welcoming shoppers on 2 April 2012, and is managed by CapitaMalls Asia.
- "CapitaLand Mall Trust :: Investor Relations". cmt.listedcompany.com. Archived from the original on 2019-05-06. Retrieved 2019-05-10. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Keynote speech by Mr Mah Bow Tan Minister for National Developmnent at the URA Corporate Plan Seminar at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel on 4 April 2008 at 9.45am". Archived from the original on 2009-06-08. Retrieved 2008-04-05. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "JCube | CapitaLand Malls". www.capitaland.com. Archived from the original on 2019-05-06. Retrieved 2019-05-10. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "JCube – A Brand New Retail Landmark in Singapore's Jurong Lake District" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on March 6, 2012. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "JCUBE mall in Jurong to open in April 2". www.asiaone.com. Archived from the original on 2017-10-30. Retrieved 2019-05-10. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "New JCube mall to replace former Jurong Entertainment Centre". Archived from the original on 2012-10-20. Retrieved 2019-05-10. Cite uses deprecated parameter