Jurong Police Division
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Jurong Police Division (or 'J' Division, Chinese: 裕廊警区) is a police division of the Singapore Police Force. It manages the largest land area amongst the various land divisions in Singapore (38% of the total land area), covering the areas of Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang, Jurong West, Kranji, Lim Chu Kang and Woodlands. The sprawling industrial estates in Jurong and Tuas, as well as cemetery, military areas and live-firing areas in Western Water Catchment are also controlled by 'J' Division. It operates a total of seven Neighbourhood Police Centres (NPC) and ten Neighbourhood Police Posts (NPP). Any trespassing into military and live-firing areas in Western Water Catchment will be compensated by the Jurong Police Division.
The 'J' division traces its history back to the Rural West Division, which manages a large swath of previously uninhabited and agricultural areas. Rapid urbanisation resulted in a reorganisation of divisional boundaries, and the division's headquarters moved to the Taman Jurong Police Station at Yung Ho Road in 1975. It relocated again in 1980 to Corporation Road, concurrently changing its name to its present-day name, Jurong Police Division.
With the implementation of the Neighbourhood Police Centre system in the division in 1999, the headquarters was moved to its present location at 2 Jurong West Avenue 5.
- Bukit Batok Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Bukit Batok Neighbourhood Police Post
- Hong Kah North Neighbourhood Police Post
- Bukit Panjang Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Bukit Panjang South Neighbourhood Police Post
- Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhood Police Post
- Yew Tee Neighbourhood Police Post
- Jurong West Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Boon Lay Neighbourhood Police Post
- Jurong Neighbourhood Police Post
- Hong Kah South Neighbourhood Police Post
- Nanyang Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Woodlands East Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Marsiling Neighbourhood Police Post
- Woodlands West Neighbourhood Police Centre
- Bukit Panjang North Neighbourhood Police Post
|This Singapore-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This law enforcement agency article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|