Casey with the Tennessee Titans in 2013
|No. 99 Tennessee Titans|
|Date of birth:||December 5, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Long Beach, California|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Long Beach (CA) Poly|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 77|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
Jurrell Casey (born December 5, 1989) is an American football defensive end for the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at USC, and was drafted by the Titans in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Casey played for the USC Trojans football team while attending the University of Southern California from 2008 to 2010. As a freshman in 2008, he played in 12 games for the Trojans recording 12 tackles and three forced fumbles. As a sophomore in 2009, Casey became a starter and was All-Pac-10 honorable mention.
Casey was selected with the 77th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft by the Tennessee Titans. In his first season, he started 15 games in which he recorded 2.5 sacks, led all Titans defensive linemen with 74 tackles and came second overall in tackles for loss, with 5.
In 2013, Casey recorded a career high 10.5 sacks in 15 games.
On August 27, 2014, the Titans signed Casey to a four-year, $36 million contract extension with $20.5 million guaranteed.
- NFL Draft Scout
- "Tennessee Titans finish 9-7 in Munchak's First Season as Head Coach". Clarksville Online. 7 February 2012. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- Glennon, John (20 January 2012). "Tennessee Titans got needed help from rookies". The Tenneseean. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- Patra, Kevin (August 27, 2014). "Titans' Jurrell Casey signs four-year, $36M extension". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- Kuharsky, Paul. "Jurrell Casey won't take Pro Bowl invite as an alternate". espn.com.
- Gantt, Darin (December 24, 2014). "Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate". ProFootballTalk.com. Retrieved 2014-12-24.