Just A-Sittin' and A-Rockin'
|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
"Just A-Sittin' and A-Rockin'" is a 1941 song composed by Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn, with lyrics written by Lee Gaines. It was released on his 1941 album ”Take the ‘A’ Train” (Vintage Jazz Classics).
Early pressings of Victor 27587, released 12Sep41, show "Just a-Settin' and a-Rockin'"; the title was ordered changed to "Just a-Sittin' and a-Rockin'" on labels printed after "2/19" (19Feb42?); no copyright for this song was registered in the 1940s.
- Johnny Dankworth - The Best of Johnny Dankworth (2008)
- June Christy - Recalls Those Kenton Days (1959), The Best Of The Capitol Years
- Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Duke Ellington Songbook (1958)
- Stan Kenton - On AFRS: 1944-45 (2006) vocal by June Christy
- Chris Barber's Jazz and Blues Band with Ray Nance on trumpet at the Funkhaus, Hannover 28 September 1974
|This jazz standard or composition-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This pop standards-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|