Just Got Lucky
|"Just Got Lucky"|
|Single by JoBoxers|
|from the album Like Gangbusters|
|Released||May 12, 1983|
|Format||7", cassette, video single|
3:44 (Single version)
|Writer(s)||Chris Bostock/Dig Wayne|
|JoBoxers singles chronology|
"Just Got Lucky" was the second single from the British band JoBoxers. The track was initially released on the band's debut album, Like Gangbusters, in 1983. The song was a hit, making the UK Top 10 and the US Top 40 that autumn. It was later released on the band's albums Doing the Boxerbeat - The Anthology and Essential Boxerbeat.
In December 2008, the song was used in a radio advert, for a Max's Restaurant promotion "Lucky with the Tilaok". It was also included in the compilation album Chorus Girl and the films The 40-Year-Old Virgin, starring Steve Carell, Just My Luck starring Lindsay Lohan, Philippine film Bagets, and Lucky 13 starring Lauren Graham. The song was also used in the final weekly of Pinoy Big Brother Teen Edition 4.
- "Gino Padilla on 'The Ryzza Mae Show' "...a perfect example of a song for that era, "Just Got Lucky" by Jo Boxers. Gino even showed Ryzza Mae the dance moves of the popular New Wave hit in the early 80's"; Inquirer Entertainment". Entertainment.inquirer.net. 2014-01-26. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 284. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- IMDb. "Just Got Lucky". Soundtrack to The 40-Year-Old-Virgin. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- Soundtrack to The 40 Year Old Virgin
- Just Got Lucky on VH1.com
- Just Got Lucky on the Official JoBoxers Website
|This 1980s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|