Just Us (Alabama album)
|Studio album by|
|Singles from Just Us|
Just Us is the eleventh studio album from country music band Alabama, released in 1987. As with most of their albums, the band co-produced with Harold Shedd. The album charted at number 1 on Billboard Top Country Albums, and accounted for three singles.
The album's three singles all charted on Hot Country Songs: "Tar Top" made number 7, followed by the number 1 singles "Face to Face", which featured K. T. Oslin on guest vocals, and "Fallin' Again". Lead singer Randy Owen wrote or co-wrote all three songs.
- "Tar Top" (Randy Owen) - 3:56 (4:55 on CD)
- "I Can't Stop" (Robert Byrne, Teddy Gentry) - 3:59
- "I Saw the Time" (Owen) - 3:56
- "You're My Explanation for Living" (Owen) - 4:19 (6:52 on CD)
- "Face to Face" (Owen) - 3:01
- "(I Wish It Could Always Be) '55" (Owen) - 4:43
- "Old Man" (Gentry, John Jarrard, Lisa Palas) - 3:26
- "If I Could Just See You Now" (Jeff Cook, Lynde Darrell-Boles) - 3:14
- "Fallin' Again" (Greg Fowler, Gentry, Owen) - 3:58 (7:41 on CD)
From Just Us liner notes.
- Jeff Cook - electric guitar, vocals
- Teddy Gentry - bass guitar, vocals
- Mark Herndon - drums
- Randy Owen - vocals, electric guitar
- Additional musicians
- "A Strings" - strings
- Eddie Bayers - drums
- David Briggs - keyboards
- Mark Casstevens - acoustic guitar
- Costo Davis - synthesizer
- Steve Gibson - electric guitar
- Jim Horn - saxophone
- Josh Leo - electric guitar
- Charlie McCoy - harmonica
- Farrell Morris - percussion
- Mark O'Connor - mandolin
- Larry Paxton - bass guitar
- Brent Rowan - electric guitar
- Blaine Sprouse - fiddle
- James Stroud - drums
- John Willis - electric guitar
- Alabama - producer
- Milan Bogdan - digital editing
- Jim Cotton - engineer
- Butch Curry - string arrangements
- Paul Goldberg - assistant engineer
- Benny Quinn - mastering
- Joe Scaife - engineer
- Harold Shedd - producer
|US Top Country Albums (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard 200||55|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Joel Whitburn (2017). Top Country Singles 1944-2017. Record Research, Inc. pp. 17–18. ISBN 978-0-89820-229-8.
- Just Us at AllMusic
- Thomas Goldsmith (October 4, 1987). "New Alabama 'Just Us' album takes a sentimental journey". The Tennesseean. p. 10. Retrieved March 4, 2019.
- Just Us (CD booklet). Alabama. RCA Records. 1987. 64592.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Alabama Chart History (Top Country Albums)". Billboard. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- "Alabama Chart History (Billboard 200)". Billboard. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- "American album certifications – Alabama – Just Us". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH.