|Created by||Manuela Dias|
|Directed by||José Luiz Villamarim|
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of episodes||20 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42–45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Estúdios Globo|
|Original network||Rede Globo|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||22 August –|
23 September 2016
Justiça (English title: Above Justice) is a 2016 Brazilian miniseries created by Manuela Dias and that was aired by Rede Globo from 22 August to 23 September 2016 at 11 pm. It was written by Manuela Dias, co-written by Mariana Mesquita, Lucas Paraizo and Roberto Vitorino, and it was directed by Isabella Teixeira, Luísa Lima, Marcus Figueiredo and Walter Carvalho, with general and artistic direction by José Luiz Villamarim.
Set both initially in 2009 and then in 2016 in Recife, each weekly episode follows one of four different set of characters whose stories are interconnected. It stars Adriana Esteves, Julia Dalavia, Marina Ruy Barbosa, Drica Moraes, Antonio Calloni, Cássio Gabus Mendes, Cauã Reymond, Marjorie Estiano, Luisa Arraes, Jéssica Ellen, Jesuíta Barbosa and Débora Bloch at the main roles.
In Brazil, Justiça was received well by viewers and critics alike. The show had a daily reach of approximately 41 million viewers and a total reach of approximately 134 million viewers. The first four episodes were made available on Globoplay before the miniseries premiered on network television.
- 1 Production
- 2 Plot
- 3 Cast
- 4 Episodes
- 5 Soundtrack
- 6 Airing
- 7 Ratings
- 8 Awards and nominations
- 9 Notes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Justiça was shot in Recife, capital of Pernambuco, in an effort by Rede Globo to set some of its works outside of the Rio-São Paulo axis. According to the director, Recife was chosen due to its economic inequality being greater than the rest of the country, which gives the series more veracity. To Villamarim, "Recife is a synthesis of Brazil". In the municipality, Pina Beach, Boa Viagem Beach, Teatro de Santa Isabel, Palácio do Campo das Princesas, Mercado de São José and the Holiday Building were used as filming locations. In Olinda, some streets were used as location such as Ladeira da Misericórdia, among others, as well as Largo do Amparo. In Jaboatão dos Guararapes, the Barra de Jangada Beach was used. The way the story is told, interconnecting four different stories, was already used in movies such as Short Cuts, Crash and Babel. The cast preparation was done by Chico Accioly and rabbi Nilton Bonder.
The miniseries tells a story in each day of the week, in which a search for justice takes place.
Monday (Vicente Menezes)
Elisa (Débora Bloch) can't overcome the death of her daughter, Isabela (Marina Ruy Barbosa), murdered in 2009 by her own fiancée Vicente (Jesuíta Barbosa) when he caught her cheating on him with an ex-boyfriend. After being released from prison in current time, he seeks forgiveness by his mother-in-law as he starts a new life with Regina (Camila Márdila) and their daughter.
Tuesday (Fátima Libéria do Nascimento)
Fátima (Adriana Esteves), a maid at Elisa's house, killed a dog belonging to police sergeant Douglas (Enrique Díaz) in 2009 after it hurt her son. She is subsequently incriminated for drug trafficking after Douglas plants some cocaine at her house. Seven years later, when she is released, she wants to reunite with her family, but her husband Waldir (Ângelo Antônio) died, her son Jesus (Bernardo Berruezo/Tobias Carrieres) is homeless and her daughter Mayara (Letícia Braga/Julia Dalavia) became a prostitute.
Thursday (Rose Silva dos Santos)
Rose (Jéssica Ellen) and Débora (Luisa Arraes) are friends. In 2009, the former is arrested with drugs which actually belonged to some other friends, while the second is spared. Afterwards, Débora is raped. Seven years later, when Rose is released from prison and reunites with her friend, they search for the man who violated her.
Friday (Maurício de Oliveira)
In 2009, Mauricio (Cauã Reymond) was arrested for killing his wife Beatriz (Marjorie Estiano) at her own request after a hit and run leaves her quadriplegic. The accident was caused by Antenor (Antonio Calloni), who was making a runaway with money he stole from his business partner (Euclydes Menezes (Luiz Carlos Vasconcelos), Vicente's father). Seven years later, when Mauricio is released from prison, he befriends Vânia (Drica Moraes), the troubled wife of Antenor, who now runs for governor of Pernambuco.
By order of appearance. Note that characters from one day may have cameos at other days.
|No.||Original title||Original air date||Brazil viewers[a]|
|1||"Vicente 1"||22 August 2016||29.6 points|
|In 2009, Isabela is a rich girl engaged to Vicente, son of Euclydes Menezes, the rich owner of a public bus company. Her mother Elisa is not sure whether her daughter is truly meant for Vicente, and the young man is jealous of Otto, a former boyfriend of Isabela. Meanwhile, Antenor, Euclydes' business partner, steals a large amount of money and leaves, leaving the company on the verge of bankruptcy and causing a strike among employees. Unable to see a good future for himself, Vicente starts drinking and arrives home only to catch Isabela in the shower with Otto. He fatally shoots her in front of Otto and Elisa. Elisa holds Isabela's body and cries, while Otto grabs Vicente, who is subsequently arrested. At the precinct, he sits beside Fátima, Rose and Mauricio and is called for his mug shot (such scene is repeated at the end of the three next episodes, each time with the episode' protagonist). Also, a picture of Vicente is shown at the front page of a local newspaper with a headline that reads: "Son of broken businessman kills fiancée". The three other events taking place in the next episodes are also cited in the same page. In 2016, Vicente is about to be released from prison. Elisa, who has been practicing shooting, tries to finish her relationship with her new boyfriend Heitor (the rector of a local university) and ends up revealing that the reason is her plan to execute Vicente as soon as he leaves prison and face the criminal charges that will follow, since she thinks his punishment was not enough. Vicente leaves prison and as Elisa prepares to kill him with a headshot from a distance, he is greeted by a child (his daughter) and his new wife, Regina. Elisa hesitates and lowers her pistol.|
|2||"Fátima 1"||23 August 2016||28.4|
|In 2009, Fátima is a maid at Elisa's house and lives in the suburbs with her husband Waldir, a bus driver at Euclydes' company, and their two kids, Jesus and Mayara. Their neighbor is Douglas, a sergeant at the Pernambuco Military Police who lives with his wife and his aggressive German Shepherd Furacão ("Hurricane"), who constantly breaks in Fátima's lot and kills her chicken. One day, Waldir gets himself involved in a bar fight and is severely injured and consequently hospitalized. Later that night, Furacão attacks again, this time targeting Fátima's kids. The officer manages to control his dog, but not before he bites Jesus. Infuriated, Fátima shoots the animal down. The next day, police officers search her house and find some cocaine. She is subsequently arrested and forced to abandon her children, and immediately deduces Douglas planted the drug for a revenge. Also, a picture of Fátima is shown at the front page of a local newspaper with a headline that reads: "Dog exterminator was a drug dealer". The three other events taking place in the previous and next episodes are also cited in the same page. In 2016, she is released from prison and heads to her neighborhood, only to find her house abandoned. She grabs a machete and spots a drunk Douglas, who admits his plan to have her arrested and denies being aware of her family's whereabouts.|
|3||"Rose 1"||25 August 2016||27.7|
|Rose and her mother Zelita live at Lucy's house, where Zelita works as a maid. Having grown together, Rose and Lucy's daughter Débora are best friends. In 2009, Rose passes the vestibular to a local university where she intends to study Journalism. Later, both girls head to a beach party to celebrate Rose's 18th birthday. There, they buy some drugs from Rose's boyfriend Celso, who runs a kiosk at that beach. Soon afterwards, police officers led by Douglas show up and search some people, including Rose, who is found to be in possession of some drugs and is subsequently arrested. Débora, who also had some drugs on her, was spared from the search and allowed to leave by the officers. Zelita is disappointed that Débora did not help Rose and leaves Lucy's house. Also, a picture of Rose is shown at the front page of a local newspaper with a headline that reads: "Drug dealer had been approved in the vestibular". The three other events taking place in the previous and next episodes are also cited in the same page. In 2016, Rose is released from prison and heads to Lucy's house, where Débora lives alone with her husband, Marcelo, who reluctantly agrees to have Rose live there for a brief time. The girls head to a restaurant where Débora reveals she had been raped while Rose was doing time and that since then she is unable to become pregnant. Rose assures her that there is a way they can find the rapist and Débora expresses her will to do it.|
|4||"Mauricio 1"||26 August 2016||26.2|
|In 2009, accountant Mauricio visits his wife, dancer Beatriz, at the hospital, where she lays quadriplegic after a hit and run caused by Antenor. He films her last request, which is for him to kill her. In the video, she assures the decision is hers and asks that Mauricio is not judged for that. The accountant then proceeds to kill her by injecting her with a drug cocktail. Three days earlier, it is shown that Mauricio worked for Euclydes and had just found out about Antenor's betrayal. The thief prepares to leave the country and heads to the airport in a hurry. When trying to overtake a bus (driven by Waldir and having Rose and Débora as passengers), he ends up hitting Beatriz, and the accident is witnessed by Elisa, who was having dinner nearby. Antenor checks on the scene from a distance, but flees. Later that night, Mauricio heads to the beach where Débora and Rose were celebrating just as the police is about to leave. He buys some drugs from Celso which he will later use to kill Beatriz as shown earlier in the episode. Afterwards, he is arrested. Also, a picture of Beatriz is shown at the front page of a local newspaper with a headline that reads: "Euthanasia: First ballet dancer of Pastora Theater dies". The three other events taking place in the previous episodes are also cited in the same page. In 2016, he is released from prison and Celso picks him up. At Celso's crib, they collect some money Mauricio made as an accountant for criminals and with which he plans to finance a plan to kill Antenor, who is now running for governor of Pernambuco.|
|5||"Vicente 2"||29 August 2016||27.1|
|Elisa reflects with Heitor on her hesitation to execute Vicente. The young man pays her a visit and asks for forgiveness, but she refuses. Nevertheless, she allows him to use the toilet. On his way, he stops by the bedroom in which they used to sleep, where he cries and feels sick. He begs for forgiveness one more time, but is kicked out of the apartment as Elisa calls him a murderer. Later, Heitor exits the building, finds Vincent sitting by the street and offers him a ride home. On the way, Heitor says Vicent has paid for his crime, and the boy reveals that he tried to kill himself several times until his daughter was born. On the next day, Fátima pays Elisa a visit and asks for a job. Elisa says she already has a long-standing maid, but gives her a full updated salary. Later, she stops by Vicente's apartment and watches him with some binoculars, then leaves. On the next day, Heitor introduces her as the new professor of Philosophy of Law. As soon as she starts her class, she spots Vicente sitting among the students and leaves the room. Heitor tries to convince her Vicente is regretful, but she still has too much hatred for him. At the toilet, a student named Vanessa hides in one of the cabins and cry. It was shown earlier in the episode that the student was, unbeknownst to her, videotaped earlier performing a blowjob in another student (Téo Ferraz, son of Antenor). The video was leaked to many students of the university. After a few attempts to get her out of the cabin, her friend Sara, Elisa and a security guard force the door open only to find out that Vanessa self-defenestrated and ended up severely injured. Following the commotion, Téo is almost lynched, but police officers (Douglas included) contain the crow just as Rose and Débora pass by – both visited Heitor and asked him to allow Rose again in the university, but the rector denies, stating that because she never matriculated, the system gives her vacancy to another student. Seeking protection, Téo hires a gun from Celso and enters Elisa's class. All students around him move to farther seats. Elisa is angry at the disturbance and says no matter how wrong their actions were, nobody has the right to interrupt her class, specially because everyone shared the video regardless of criticizing Téo. Later, she pays a visit to Isabela's grave, where Vicente once again begs her for forgiveness.|
|6||"Fátima 2"||30 August 2016||28.5|
|Fátima wakes up at home one night and realizes Douglas' house is on fire. She rescues him and puts the fire out. Douglas feels ruined that his wife Kellen left him some time ago for Celso. On the next day, he informs Fátima that her daughter Mayara was last seen working by the beach as a prostitute named Susi. There, she talks to a pimp, who gives her a catalog of prostitutes, but Mayara is not listed. Later, she meets Elisa as described in the episode above and heads to a bar where she buys some food from Regina, do some shopping and has a drink near an amateur musician (Firmino). Later that night, Douglas makes a copy of Mayara's picture and heads to the beach to search for her the morning after. He eventually finds out she's working for Celso and confronts him from outside of his kiosk, to no avail. Meanwhile, Fátima starts selling food on the streets and meets Firmino again as she offers some construction workers free samples of her food. Later, she is robbed by three homeless children. She catches one of them, only to find out it's her son Jesus, whom she lets go with her purse. Later, the boy realizes she's her mother and uses the stolen money to buy a bus ticket back home. Later, the two reunite. On the next day, Fátima finally finds Mayara by the pimp house where she works for Kellen, who's unaware of her true identity. They have a brief conversation before she has to rejoin her colleagues for a trip. Fátima watches as the car full of prostitutes exists the garage.|
|7||"Rose 2"||1 September 2016||26.3|
|Débora tells Marcelo there may be a way to locate her raper, but he tells her she should just forget about this. Later, she joins Rose in a visit to her mother's grave. the two go to the beach and Celso offers Rose a job at his kiosk, which she accepts. She also goes back to prison to visit a friend, who asks her to take her daughter to her sister, with some cocaine hidden in the baby's diaper. She secretly takes the baby to Marcelo's, but he and Débora find out and Marcelo is unhappy. On the next day, she makes the delivery and heads to the university with Débora to try a way back to college as described in episode 5 above. Kellen shows up at Celso's kiosk and goes bitter on Rose to prevent her from trying to hook with her boyfriend - they do it, anyway. On the next morning, Débora learns about a rape at the same alley where she was violated. She pays a visit to the victim at the hospital and learns it was the same guy who raped her. Based on her descriptions, a friend of Celso draws a facial composite of the criminal. It is shown that the raper works is a janitor window cleaner and uses his position to peek on women inside their apartments. It is also revealed that Marcelo accidentally killed his own brother in their youth by playing with their father's gun, which is why he rejects using violence as a response to the rape.|
|8||"Mauricio 2"||2 September 2016||27.1|
|Mauricio cries watching a video of him with Beatriz. Later, he and Celso meet Antenor and propose a support to his campaign with money from Celso's whorehouse. It's all a plan to get closer to Antenor without raising suspicion. Kellen takes the politician for a tour around the place and then leaves him with Susi. On the next day, Mauricio and Celso meet again with Antenor on his yacht, but the meeting is interrupted when his son, Téo, calls him to talk about the events shown at episode 5. Antenor heads to the university and settles a deal with Heitor so that there's no fuzz about it in the press. Maurício buys Antenor a helicopter and sabotages it. Later, he Antenor and Celso land on a mansion where Kellen and Susi are waiting for them and Antenor leaves with the aircraft. Later, Celso watches the news and learns that Mauricio's plan worked, but Antenor survived. Téo is suspicious, but Antenor still trust the accountant. The candidate holds a press conference to comment on the incident.|
|9||"Vicente 3"||5 September 2016||27.5|
|Vicente tells Elisa Isabela was pregnant of him, but she aborted the child. The professor is shocked with the revelation, but offers Vicente a ride to the university. When they arrive, Téo is threatening fellow students with a gun after finding out that his car has been vandalized and Vanessa films all action. Elisa hits his gun with a shot and successfully disarms him. Later at her class, she is applauded by her students, but dismisses the reception as unnecessary and clarifies she is allowed to carry a weapon. Téo is expelled from the university despite his father's attempts to diminish the incident and Celso demands him to have his pistol fixed. Later, Elisa tells Heitor she now agrees Vicente regrets his actions. That night, Regina reprehends Vicente for still having a picture of Isabela and asks him to bury his past. On the next day, Vicente takes his daughter (also named Isabela) to the university, where she is introduced to Elisa. The three go to a restaurant and have dinner while Regina unsuccessfully tries to call him in a bar where Vânia karaokes out of tune. At the restaurant, Vicente tells Elisa his father died of heart attack soon after he was arrested. Elisa asks him if he ever contemplated revenge, to which Vicente replies he has no money and no proof that Antenor robbed his father and that all he wants is to rebuild his life. Isabela asks Elisa to be her baptism godmother, and Elisa accepts. At the ceremony, Regina, disturbed by Elisa's presence, secretly scratches her car with her nail.|
|10||"Fátima 3"||6 September 2016||19.7|
|Mayara pays her mother a visit. She gives her a necklace she stole from a customer so she can make some money, but Fátima rejects "dirty money". Jesus later tells his sister he can sell it. Meanwhile, Téo buys a gun from Douglas at his house. Fátima buys some food and finds out Jesus tricked one of their customers into leaving a bigger change. She reprehends him and orders him to return the money to the construction worker - the one who sings at a bar. Jesus sells the necklace to Celso, but he is followed by his former street friends who want a part of it. While hiding inside a boat, he sees his mother falling through a broken pier and is forced to reveal himself. He later has Douglas help him locate the boys just as they attempt to steal Regina at the beach and retrieves part of the money. Kellen discovers Rose's pictures with the necklace at Celso's cellphone and confronts Mayara over selling it to Celso. Douglas seduces Irene, who works at the university's snack bar.|
|11||"Rose 3"||8 September 2016||24.5|
|Débora makes a tattoo on herself, to Marcelo's and Rose's surprise. Later, the couple go to a local adoption center to deliver the papers and Marcelo finds the facial composite of the raper in her purse. He subsequently leaves Débora temporarily, since he wants to build a family and all she wants is revenge. Celso and Rose have a night together and he gives her the necklace he bought from Jesus. Kellen watches from behind a tree as they kiss each other goodbye. On the next day, Mayara approaches Rose introducing her as Andréia and asks questions about Celso. Later, Lucy asks Rose not to talk about the raper with Débora anymore. Rose agrees, but immediately leaves with Celso because he has spotted the raper. Débora is informed, leaves her children alone in the classroom (including Isabela) and heads to the location where the criminal is being beaten up by Celso's thugs. As she takes a closer look at his face, she finds out he's the wrong guy. Feeling guilty, she takes him home even after being warned that he is a robber. Marcelo returns and is furious with the outcome of Elisa's crusade. He leaves her permanently. Later that night, the criminal steals some objects and flees. In the morning, the girls find out about the robbery. Later, Débora is fired for abandoning her children in the day before.|
|12||"Mauricio 3"||9 September 2016||25.9|
|With the help of Antenor, Kellen's business is finally allowed to operate legally, now under the name "Snack Night Club". However, a drunk Vânia tracks Antenor and confronts him over his relationship with Mayara, slapping her in the process. In the next morning, he reprehends her and Téo for constantly disturbing his campaign. He also confiscates Téo's credit cards. It is later shown that he stole his own parents to obtain the money and the objects he used in order to buy a weapon from Douglas, as shown in episode 10. Antenor is later seen trying to buy Vanessa's silence about Téo's actions. Mauricio tells Celso he has given up killing Antenor, but still wants to ruin his life. He has Celso follow Vânia and later seduces her at the karaoke where she was seen singing while Regina took shelter from the rain in episode 9. Later, Vânia tells him several of her husband's dirty secrets, which he secretly records.|
|13||"Vicente 4"||12 September 2016||24.7|
|Regina is jealous that Vicente is contemplating accepting a position at the university's library offered by Elisa. Elisa offers Fátima an opportunity to work covering her maid's holidays. While doing her cleaning, she finds a box, which Elisa opens, only to find some pictures of Isabela and Vicente and a note she left criticizing Vicente's drinking. Vicente pays Elisa a visit to discuss his master's degree project, which Elisa will coordinate. Elisa drops him off at Vicente's building, and they kiss. Débora sees from the distance and confronts Elisa at the university's snack bar, an argument Sara secretly records and sends to Heitor. Later, Vicente and Regina argue about Regina's outrage. Meanwhile, Sara interviews Heitor and starts showing signs of an allergic reaction. Heitor takes her to a pharmacy and they later have dinner and sex. Heitor feels guilty about it and Sara secretly leaves a bra under his car seat. Later that night, Elisa remembers Isabela revealing to her that she never finished high school and that she spent several months of her senior year skipping class to walk around the city. On the next day, Heitor confronts Elisa about the video he received of her argument. Later, he reveals to Vicente Elisa's aborted plan to kill him. Later, Elisa finds Sara's bra and leaves Heitor's car. That night, Vicente goes to Elisa's to confront her about her plan to kill him. They have an emotional argument, but end up kissing.|
|14||"Fátima 4"||13 September 2016||24.4|
|Fátima finds a vessel full of cocaine buried in her backyard. She throws some of it at Douglas' face just as he invites her to be godmother at his and Irene's wedding. Douglas then has a memory of how Kellen suggested him to plant the drug at Fátima's house as he dug a grave for Furacão. He then tells Fátima he is sorry. Fátima believes him and accepts his invitation out of respect for Irene - to whom Douglas later proposes. Douglas heads to Kellen's club, invites her to the wedding and barely escapes being seduced by her. Later, the raper shows up at the restaurant where Firmino works and talks to him privately. It is revealed that he is named Osvaldo and they are brothers. He asks Firmino for shelter, but the musician strongly refuses. On the next day, it is revealed that Fátima is forced to give some food to a police officer in order to be allowed to operate at the construction site. Kellen takes a picture of Mayara talking to Rose and confronts her about it. Mayara finally reveals her true identity to her pimp and admits she only joined the club to avenge her parents. Kellen wounds her arm with a blade and leaves. The girl is hospitalized, but Celso wants to keep it all a mere work accident. Fátima accepts, but demands her daughter to be fired. She later goes to Kellen's club and warns her not to touch her daughter again.|
|15||"Rose 4"||15 September 2016||25.9|
|Débora spots Osvaldo at Elisa's building. Meanwhile, Rose runs a pregnancy test, which turns out positive. Débora tells her of her finding and Rose recommends she let go of the revenge. Débora is disappointed that Rose is also trying to discourage her. Later, she heads to Elisa's building and obtains Osvaldo's company contact. Meanwhile, Mayara talks to Rose once again and reveals her true name and her intention of avenging her family's tragedy. Débora follows Osvaldo down a street. He notices and forces her into his car, where he attempts another rape, but she manages to break free. He then warns her not to follow him again and takes off. When she gets home, she is visited by a social worker willing to check her house and evaluate her capability of adopting a child. Rose arrives some minutes later and Débora introduces her as a maid, which offends her. Rose later reveals her pregnancy to Celso and he is happy he'll be a father. Marcelo pays Débora a visit and says he's not willing to get back to her for as long as she seeks revenge. Rose is informed that her prison friend has died and contemplates adopting her child. That night, she leaves Débora's to go live with Celso. Débora tells them she has found the raper and ask Celso for help again. Later, Marcelo returns and ask her if she put Rose out and if she gave up about Osvaldo. She lies and they have sex.|
|16||"Mauricio 4"||16 September 2016||25.7|
|Mauricio records a video of a drunk Vânia listing a series of crimes committed by her husband. Later, at the nightclub, he tells Celso they can end Antenor with that. Celso tells Kellen Rose is pregnant of him and she will live with him , forcing the pimp to share a room with her prostitutes at her club. She spends the next day following Celso and takes a shot of Mayara talking to Rose at his kiosk. That night, Antenor and Vânia are drunk and fight, with Vânia coming out injured. In the next morning, Antenor gives Vânia some money to apologize for the fight and says she can find some more by one of his fake NGOs. Vânia secretly records the conversation. She also unboxes some money Celso sent to Antenor to finance his campaign. Later, Mauricio has her deliver a video interview to Lucy in which she reveals Antenor's crimes. In the middle of a live television debate, the video is aired and the population immediately reacts with protests against the candidate. Vânia goes to a hotel where she expects to meet Mauricio, who is in another part of town having a drink, contemplating a billboard of Antenor's campaign and remembering Beatriz's accident.|
|17||"Vicente 5"||19 September 2016||25.4|
|Regina storms in Elisa's apartment by the morning and has a heated discussion with Vicente and Elisa. The couple goes home and Elisa feels guilty for sleeping with her own daughter's murderer. Also, Vicente leaves Regina's apartment. Heitor is hosting an autograph session for his new book, where Sara is serving as an assistant. Elisa comes by and has an argument with Sara when the latter provokes the former. Later, she tells Heitor she should have killed Vicente. Meanwhile, Vicente collects some money from Antenor, who makes it clear he is not admitting he robbed Euclydes. In the next morning, he gives Regina a part of it and says he will fix his life. Heitor takes Elisa to a bridge where she throws her gun in the water. Vicente has his master's degree project approved, though Elisa is no longer going to be his coordinator. Afterwards, he offers Elisa a ride and she tells him she will never forgive him, but is feeling better now, anyway. A truck suddenly hits their car and Vicente suffers severe injuries. Elisa hesitates about calling emergency and he dies. At his funeral, Regina tells Elisa she suspects she had something to do with his death. Later, Elisa finally disposes of Isabela's belongings. Regina is seen practicing with a pistol at an abandoned building.|
|18||"Fátima 5"||20 September 2016||26.1|
|It is shown that Irene has imposed a healthy diet on Dougla's house and he is constantly hiding from her in order to eat his favorite foods. Following the incident saw at the beginning of the previous episode, Fátima quits her job at Elisa's. On the next day, she confronts the police officer who extorts her everyday by the construction site and he takes her in his car for a ride with two other colleagues. Jesus photographs the car as it leaves and seeks help from Firmino and Douglas. The officers take Fátima to an abandoned building where she is ordered to shoot a dead man. She refuses and shoot the officer instead. The cops chase her inside the building, but Douglas and Firmino rescue her. That night, Kellen returns to Douglas and they readily resume their relationship in front of a shocked Irene, who leaves the house, humiliated. Meanwhile, Fátima and Firmino enjoy a night together. In the next morning, Fátima gives Douglas a new baby dog and is shocked to see that Kellen is back. Douglas tells Fátima he will travel with Kellen and the dog and leaves his house and Kellen's bike with her so she can sell them and have a part of the revenue in return. Later, at a beach resort, Kellen tells Douglas she plans to build another nightclub with some money she brought. Meanwhile, Firmino, Fátima and her children prepare a musical night for the community at Fátima's backyard where Firmino sings and proposes to her. She accepts.|
|19||"Rose 5"||22 September 2016||25.8|
|Celso introduces Débora to two of his thugs. They are supposed to help her handle Osvaldo. A friend of Rose who was supposed to take care of Rose's prison friend's daughter is arrested for selling and Rose assumes responsibility for the baby. Marcelo tells Débora they are going to adopt a one-month toddler and that the social assistant will pay them a visit the day after - just when Débora is supposed to go after Osvaldo. That night, she has a memory of Osvaldo's last attempt to attack her. In the morning, she leaves just before the social assistant arrives and tells Marcelo she's going to the pharmacy. However, she enters a car with Celso's thugs and together they follow Osvaldo until they have a chance to capture him. The two men beat him up until he is left laying on the ground for Débora to do whatever he wants. He tells her he will get out of prison and rape her again because "that's what she wants and likes". Débora loses it and beats him to death with a metal pipe. Meanwhile, the social assistant, who was already at their house, starts questioning whether Débora really wants the adoption. Marcelo goes after her and learns about the incident at her school and her dismissal. When he returns home, he finds Débora's blood-covered clothes, and they lead him to a note with directions to Osvaldo's body. There, he finds another note, in which Débora tells her rape story, admits her murder and says "it was not revenge, but justice". She is seen hitchhiking by a highway. Marcelo gets rid of the note. Lucy is sent to cover the finding of Osvaldo's body and cries as she spots the pendant she had given Débora in a previous episode. Later, at the Snack Night Club, Celso and Rose prepare to move to another place and have a brief talk with Mauricio. Later, at the club's parking lot, Mauricio is hurt on an attempt on his life, frustrated by Celso's guards.|
|20||"Mauricio 5"||23 September 2016||25.7|
|Mauricio watches a video of Beatriz dancing. Kellen pays Celso a final visit, collects her things and distributes some of her own clothes to her prostitutes as goodbye gifts. Later, she goes to Celso's apartment and finds some of the money Mauricio raised, which she later shows Douglas as seen in episode 18. Celso is infuriated when he learns about her robbery but Mauricio says she's earned the money for her work at the nightclub. Mauricio tells Vânia he's going to leave town without her. She accuses him of using her, and he replies explaining they both wanted to end Antenor, and they got it done. Antenor tries to have lunch at a restaurant, but is forced to leave after Sara and many other customers protest against him. Later, Téo finds out where Vânia is hiding and Antenor goes confront her at her hotel room. They have an argument, and she self-defenestates to her death. At her funeral, Antenor tells the press she had found out about another woman he had, which led to her betrayal and her suicide. As he leaves the cemetery, he is arrested as the hotel CCTV has caught him leaving the place soon after Vânia's death, making him a murder suspect. Téo tells the press he feels betrayed and that he intends to enter politics in the future to right his father's wrongs. Mauricio and Celso watch the news and celebrate. Later, he goes see Antenor in prison and finally reveals himself as the husband of the woman Antenor had hit-and-ran seven years before. Antenor sarcastically tells him he didn't kill Vânia, but Mauricio did kill Beatriz. Mauricio replies that justice is ironic and that Antenor, having committed countless crimes, was arrested for the one he didn't commit. Later, Mauricio suffers an attempt on his life, as shown in the previous episode. By his hospital bed, Celso says they can catch Antenor again. A TV news program airs the video of Antenor being expelled from the restaurant and Mauricio says life will take care of him. He drives away from the city and stops to Débora as she hitchhkes. The final scene shows a newspaper being printed with headlines that say: "Candidate Antenor Ferraz is arrested, but his son announces candidacy"; "Accident kills driver at intersection" (referring to Vicente's death); "Sex tourism raises in the city" (with a picture of Mayara with a client); and "Raper's body is found at abandoned house" (referring to Osvaldo's death).|
- "Afterlife", Arcade Fire
- "O Que Será? (À flor da pele)", Chico Buarque com participação de Milton Nascimento
- "O Que Será? (À flor da pele)", Caetano Veloso
- "Pedaço de Mim", Chico Buarque com participação de Zizi Possi
- "Oração", Nuria Mallena
- "Amor Perfeito", Roberto Carlos
- "Gente Aberta", Erasmo Carlos
- "Último Romance", Los Hermanos
- "Risoflora", Elba Ramalho
- "Acabou Chorare", Novos Baianos
- "Revelação", [[:pt:Fagner|Fagner]
- "Crua", Otto
- "Pense em Mim", Johnny Hooker
- "Dona da Minha Cabeça", Geraldo Azevedo
- "Xique-xique", Tom Zé
- "Fui Fiel", ablo
Awards and nominations
|2017||45th International Emmy Awards||Drama Series||N/A||Nominated|||
|2017||45th International Emmy Awards||Best Performance by an Actress||Adriana Esteves||Nominated|
- each point is equivalent to 69,400 households in the Greater São Paulo area and 43,300 in the Greater Rio de Janeiro area
- Flávio Ricco (10 July 2016). "Record também monta esquema de trabalho especial para Jogos Olímpicos". UOL TV e Famosos. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
Veja o subtítulo Data marcada.
- UOL SP (18 July 2016). "Minissérie "Justiça" mostra personagens condenados por diferentes crimes". UOL TV e Famosos. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Gshow (23 June 2016). "Elenco de 'Justiça': veja os atores da nova minissérie". Bastidores. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Cristina Padiglione (21 July 2016). "Adriana Esteves está em 'Justiça', série da Globo que reveza protagonistas". Estadão. Cultura. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "'Ter bons atores não é garantia de sucesso; o que dá audiência são boas histórias', diz José Luiz Villamarim". Folha de S.Paulo. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- "Conheça os personagens da minissérie Justiça, gravada no Recife". Jornal do Commercio. Retrieved 29 July 2016.
- Lígia Mesquita (12 June 2016). "Globo grava no Recife minissérie que discute justiça com formato inovador". Folha de S.Paulo. Ilustrada. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- Robson Gomes (22 May 2016). "Pernambuco visto como cenário para a teledramaturgia brasileira". Jornal do Commercio. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- "Cauã Reymond grava minissérie no estado, mas lamenta: 'Pena que tem tubarão'". Diário de Pernambuco. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- Lígia Mesquita (12 June 2016). "'Ter bons atores não é garantia de sucesso; o que dá audiência são boas histórias', diz José Luiz Villamarim". Folha de S.Paulo. Ilustrada. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- Viver/Diário (3 May 2016). "No Recife, gravações de nova série da Globo começam com Jesuíta Barbosa e Camila Márdila". Diário de Pernambuco. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Patrícia Kogut (15 April 2016). "Leandra Leal e Enrique Diaz serão um casal na série 'Justiça'". O Globo. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- Gshow (20 June 2016). "'Justiça': conheça a história da nova minissérie da Globo". TV. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- Giselle de Almeida (20 July 2016). "Debora Bloch terá filha assassinada e sede por vingança em "Justiça"". UOL TV e Famosos. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (13 June 2016). "Jesuíta Barbosa será noivo de Marina Ruy Barbosa na minissérie 'Justiça'". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Carla Bittencourt (3 May 2016). "Marina Ruy Barbosa viverá patricinha fútil em 'Justiça' e trairá noivo". Extra. Telinha. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (23 June 2016). "Elenco de 'Justiça': veja os atores da nova minissérie". TV. Retrieved 22 July 2016.
- Anna Luiza Santiago (21 July 2016). "Ex-'Malhação', Giovana Echeverria fala de cenas de sexo em 'Justiça' e no cinema". O Globo. Patrícia Kogut. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Anna Luiza Santiago (28 April 2016). "Vilã das 19h, Priscila Steinman fala da cena da morte de Sofia". O Globo. Patrícia Kogut. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Rafaela Santos (6 July 2016). "Pedro Lamin será ex de Marina Ruy Barbosa em 'Justiça'". O Globo. Patrícia Kogut. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Paula Paiva (21 July 2016). "Adriana Esteves divide set com Vladimir Brichta em 'Justiça' e diz como concilia trabalho e família". Gshow. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (15 July 2016). "Ângelo Antônio será motorista de ônibus em 'Justiça' e fará par romântico com Adriana Esteves". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (9 June 2016). "Enrique Diaz será um policial na minissérie 'Justiça'". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Carla Bittencourt (11 July 2016). "Entenda as tramas da série 'Justiça'". Extra. Telinha. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Rafaela Santos (4 June 2016). "Julia Dalavia muda visual para interpretar prostituta em série". O Globo. Patrícia Kogut. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (14 July 2016). "Adriana Esteves interpreta mulher batalhadora capaz de matar para proteger os filhos em 'Justiça'". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (18 July 2016). "Júlio Andrade será o cantor Firmino na minissérie 'Justiça'". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (10 June 2016). "Jéssica Ellen viverá ex-prisioneira e será uma das protagonistas de 'Justiça'". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (13 June 2016). "Luisa Arraes vai interpretar vítima de abuso sexual na próxima minissérie 'Justiça'". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Carla Bittencourt (19 May 2016). "Adriana Esteves vira doméstica em 'Justiça' e Vladimir Brictha será traficante". Extra. Telinha. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (21 June 2016). "Cauã Reymond tira a barba e adota visual mais conservador para viver Maurício em 'Justiça'". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (11 July 2016). "Antonio Calloni viverá empresário sem escrúpulos em 'Justiça' e cometerá crime na trama". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (13 June 2016). "Marjorie Estiano grava as primeiras cenas na pele da bailarina Beatriz, de 'Justiça'". Bastidores. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Gshow (24 June 2016). "Drica Moraes se envolverá com personagem de Cauã Reymond em 'Justiça'". TV. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Redação (23 August 2016). "Malhação tem a melhor estreia em quatro anos e Justiça eleva ibope em 30%". UOL. Notícias da TV. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- Na reta final, “Êta Mundo Bom” explode em audiência e bate novo recorde; confira os consolidados desta terça-feira (23/08/16)
- Peccoli, Vitor (26 August 2016). "Danilo Gentili vence Jô e Porchat e atinge a liderança de audiência; confira os consolidados desta quinta-feira (25/08/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (29 August 2016). ""Êta Mundo Bom" tem maior audiência final das 18h desde 2010 em SP e Rio; confira os consolidados da sexta-feira (26/08/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (30 August 2016). "Estreia do "X Factor Brasil" chega a encostar na Record; confira os consolidados desta segunda-feira (29/08/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (1 September 2016). ""Sol Nascente" tem maior audiência de segundo capítulo desde 2010; confira os consolidados desta terça-feira (30/08/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (2 September 2016). ""Fofocando" completa um mês perdendo feio para a Record; confira os consolidados desta quinta-feira (01/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (5 September 2016). "Com Faustão, Jô Soares tem maior audiência desde 2011; confira os consolidados da sexta-feira (02/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (6 September 2016). ""Sol Nascente" fecha em queda e tem pior audiência em dia útil; confira os consolidados desta segunda-feira (05/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (8 September 2016). ""Sol Nascente" iguala pior audiência desde a estreia; confira os consolidados da terça-feira (06/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 8 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (9 September 2016). ""Vídeo Show" iguala pior audiência em 2016; confira os consolidados desta quinta-feira (08/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (12 September 2016). ""Escrava Mãe" dá mesma audiência que novela mexicana do SBT; confira os consolidados da sexta-feira (09/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (13 September 2016). ""Chiquititas" reestreia em alta, chega a 15 pontos e vence Record; confira os consolidados desta segunda-feira (12/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (14 September 2016). ""Sol Nascente" bate novo recorde negativo de audiência; confira os consolidados desta terça-feira (13/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (16 September 2016). "Após morte de Montagner, "Velho Chico" bate recorde de audiência; confira os consolidados desta quinta-feira (15/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (19 September 2016). "Globo bate recordes de audiência com tragédia de Montagner; confira os consolidados da sexta-feira (16/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (20 September 2016). "Reestreia de "Cheias de Charme" dispara audiência da Globo em SP e Rio; confira os consolidados desta segunda-feira (19/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (21 September 2016). "Série "Supermax" dá menos que reprise e derruba audiência da Globo; confira os consolidados desta terça-feira (20/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (23 September 2016). "Após uma semana, "Vídeo Show" despenca e derruba "Cheias de Charme"; confira os consolidados desta quinta-feira (22/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Peccoli, Vitor (26 September 2016). ""A Terra Prometida" iguala pior audiência desde a estreia; confira os consolidados da sexta-feira (23/09/16)". TV Foco (in Portuguese). Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- Música (16 August 2016). "Trilha sonora de 'Justiça' tem Roberto Carlos, Los Hermanos, Chico Buarque e mais!". Gshow. Retrieved 20 August 2016.
- "Globo vai reprisar programa de sucesso após as Olimpíadas, saiba qual".
- 2017 International Emmy® Awards Nominees