Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
|Justice League Dark: Apokolips War|
Ultra HD Blu-ray cover
|Produced by||James Tucker|
|Screenplay by||Mairghread Scott|
by DC Comics
|Music by||Robert J. Kral|
|Edited by||Christopher D. Lozinski|
|Distributed by||Warner Home Video|
|May 5, 2020 (Digital download) |
May 19, 2020 (Blu-ray)
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is a 2020 American direct-to-video animated science fantasy superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and distributed by Warner Home Video. It is the sequel to 2017's Justice League Dark (2017) and the fifteenth and final film in the DC Animated Movie Universe (DCAMU) and the 38th film overall in the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line. It is directed by Matt Peters and Christina Sotta, written by Ernie Altbacker and Sotta and features an ensemble cast including Matt Ryan, Jerry O'Connell, Taissa Farmiga, Stuart Allan, Tony Todd, Jason O'Mara, Rosario Dawson, Shemar Moore, Christopher Gorham, Rebecca Romijn and Rainn Wilson. In the film, the Justice League, Justice League Dark, Teen Titans and Suicide Squad team up against Darkseid in one epic final battle to save Earth.
The film was announced in July 2019 at San Diego Comic Con and is scheduled to be released on digital platforms on May 5, 2020 and on 4K/Blu-ray/DVD on May 19, 2020, respectively.
Culminating a six-year animated journey that began with the release of Justice League: War in 2014, Justice League Dark: Apokolips War finds Earth decimated after intergalactic tyrant Darkseid has devastated the Justice League in a poorly executed war by the DC Super Heroes. Now the remaining bastions of good – the Justice League, Teen Titans, Suicide Squad and assorted others – must regroup, strategize and take the war to Darkseid in order to save the planet and its surviving inhabitants. This is truly the war to end all wars, and only the victor will live to enjoy the spoils.
- Matt Ryan as John Constantine: An occult detective and leader of the Justice League Dark.
- Jerry O'Connell as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman: A Kryptonian superhero and founding member of the Justice League.
- Taissa Farmiga as Raven: Illegitimate daughter of Arella and the evil demon Trigon and a member of the Teen Titans. She is also Damian Wayne's love interest.
- Stuart Allan as Damian Wayne / Robin: Son of billionaire vigilante Bruce Wayne / Batman and assassin Talia al Ghul and a member of the Teen Titans. He is also Raven's love interest.
- Tony Todd as Darkseid: A New God from the planet Apokolips. Darkseid was previously defeated in the 2014 film Justice League: War and later reappeared to be the mastermind behind the events of The Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen.
- Jason O'Mara as Bruce Wayne / Batman: A billionaire vigilante, Damian's father and founding member of the Justice League.
- Rosario Dawson as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman: The Amazonian princess of Themyscira and founding member of the Justice League.
- Shemar Moore as Victor Stone / Cyborg: A half-man-half-machine metahuman and a member of the Titans and former founding member of the Justice League.
- Christopher Gorham as Barry Allen / Flash: A metahuman who can travel at superhuman speed and is a founding member of the Justice League.
- Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane: A reporter of the Daily Planet from Metropolis and Clark's wife.
- Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor: A probationary member of the Justice League after their alliance from Reign of the Supermen.
Also reprising their roles from previous DCAMU films are Roger Cross as John Stewart / Green Lantern and Alec Holland / Swamp Thing, Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan / Green Lantern, Matt Lanter as Arthur Curry / Aquaman, Nyambi Nyambi as J'onn J'onzz / Martian Manhunter, Sean Astin as Billy Batson / Shazam, Camilla Luddington as Zatanna Zatara, Ray Chase as Jason Blood / Etrigan, Sean Maher as Dick Grayson / Nightwing, Yvonne Strahovski as Kate Kane / Batwoman, Nicholas Turturro as Boston Brand / Deadman, Colleen Villard as Black Orchid, Liam McIntyre as George "Digger" Harkness / Captain Boomerang, Jon Bernthal as Trigon, Sumalee Montano as Mera and Sachie Alessio as Lady Shiva.
A trailer for the film was released on March 4, 2020. The film is expected to release on digital platforms on May 5, 2020 and on 4K/Blu-ray/DVD on May 19, 2020, respectively. The release will feature a showcase animated short based on Adam Strange.
- "Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Release Date, Box Art, Info, Trailer". Cosmic Book News. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- Burwick, Kevin (March 2, 2020). "Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Trailer Unites DC All-Stars Against Darkseid". movieweb. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- Mancuso, Vinnie (March 4, 2020). "'Justice League Dark: Apokolips War' Trailer Reveals an R-rated DC Comics Epic". Collider.
- Bernaschina, Michael (February 26, 2020). "Justice League Dark: Apokolips War's Massive Voice Cast Revealed". cbr. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- Lovett, James (July 20, 2019). "Justice League Dark: Apokolips War Movie Announced". comicbook.com. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- Aune, Saun. P (March 6, 2020). "Justice League Dark: Apokolips War release date and prices announced". batman-news.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Justice League Dark: Apokolips War|
|This animated film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|