Justice for All with Judge Cristina Perez
|Justice for All with Judge Cristina Perez|
|Genre||nontraditional/dramatized court show|
|Created by||Byron Allen|
|Theme music composer||Brian Wayy|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||70 (as of November 16, 2012)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Entertainment Studios|
|Original network||First-run syndication|
|Original release||September 17, 2012 – present|
Justice for All with Judge Cristina Perez is an American nontraditional/dramatized court show that debuted in first-run syndication on September 17, 2012. The series, which is created by Byron Allen through his production company, Entertainment Studios, is presided by lawyer and award-winning TV judge Cristina Perez. Perez returned to U.S. television following a three-year stint on the three-time Daytime Emmy Award winning, 20th Television-distributed court show, Cristina's Court (2006–09), cancelled due to low ratings. Justice for All with Judge Cristina Perez is unique in that it's the first court show and one of few television series to simultaneously produce English and Spanish-language versions.
Like Entertainment Studios's two other courtroom programs, America's Court with Judge Ross and We the People With Gloria Allred, Justice for All is a staged court show. At the end of the program, a standard disclaimer is shown which states that "All characters displayed are fictional and any resemblance to actual persons is coincidental." As of the first half of the 2012-13 television season, the three court shows presently produced by Entertainment Studios have been the lowest rated in the court show genre.
Production and distribution
In March 2012, Entertainment Studios sold the program to stations covering approximately 85% of all U.S. markets, including those owned by CBS Television Stations, Weigel Broadcasting, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Media General, Gray Television, LIN Media, Nexstar Broadcasting Group and Meredith Corporation. On July 22, 2013, Entertainment Studios renewed the series for its second and third seasons.
- Latina justice, San Antonio Express-News, March 28, 2012.
- 'Justice for All' Gets Firm Go From ES, TVNewsCheck, September 21, 2011.
- Entertainment Studios to Launch 'Justice for All' in Fall 2012, Broadcasting & Cable, September 21, 2011.
- "Syndication Ratings: 'Ellen' Gets Early Holiday Gift - 2012-12-18 18:17:12 | Broadcasting & Cable". Broadcastingcable.com. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Syndication Ratings: 'Dr. Phil' Leads All Talkers By Large Margin - 2012-10-02 18:41:52 | Broadcasting & Cable". Broadcastingcable.com. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- 'Cristina Perez' Cleared In 85% Of U.S., TVNewsCheck, March 14, 2012.
- "Entertainment Studios Renews "Justice for All with Cristina Perez" for Seasons 2 and 3". The Futon Critic. July 22, 2013.