Bailey in April 2016.
July 1, 1995|
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||209 lb (95 kg; 14 st 13 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
Rochester Americans (AHL)
52nd overall, 2013|
Justin Bailey (born July 1, 1995) is an American professional ice hockey forward. Bailey grew up in Williamsville, New York, a suburb of Buffalo. He is currently playing for the National Hockey League's Buffalo Sabres organization, assigned to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Rochester Americans
Bailey signed a three-year entry-level contract with the Sabres on November 2, 2014. He was recalled to the Sabres from the American Hockey League's Rochester Americans on February 10, 2016 and made his NHL debut on February 11. He was reassigned to Rochester on February 18, only to be recalled again three days later following an injury to Ryan O'Reilly. He scored his first NHL goal on January 3, 2017 against Henrik Lundqvist and the New York Rangers.
During the 2017–18 season, Bailey was suspended one game for a high hit on Reid McNeil during a game against the Syracuse Crunch in March. However, he was called up to the NHL on March 14, 2018, a day before he was set to serve his suspension. He was set to serve his suspension once he is sent back to the AHL. He was reassigned to the AHL on March 27, 2018, after playing in 5 games.
Regular season and playoffs
|2014–15||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||22||12||16||28||12||14||7||7||14||6|
- "2013 NHL Draft: Sabres Take Williamsville, NY Native Justin Bailey With Pick #52". Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- Hamilton, Paul. The Sabres ink a local second-round pick Archived 2014-11-03 at the Wayback Machine.. WGR. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- Boron, Andy (February 10, 2016). "Sabres recall Justin Bailey from Rochester". Die By The Blade. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- Kania, Melissa (February 19, 2016). "Buffalo Sabres Return Bailey, Catenacci to AHL". Sabre Noise. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- LaBarber, Jourdon (February 21, 2016). "O'Reilly out against Pittsburgh; Bailey recalled". Buffalo Sabres. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- Harrington, Mike (January 4, 2017). "Bailey flooded by memories after scoring first NHL goal for Sabres". The Buffalo News. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Moritz, Amy (March 14, 2018). "Sabres Notebook: Bailey call-up delays AHL suspension". The Buffalo News. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Vogl, John (March 27, 2018). "Sabres send Justin Bailey back to Amerks". Buffalo News. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- "2013 NHL DRAFT - Buffalo Sabres". Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- Morreale, Mike G. (July 1, 2013). "Justin Bailey thrilled to land with hometown Sabres". NHL.com. Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|