Baldoni at the 2015 PaleyFest presentation for the Jane the Virgin
Justin Louis Baldoni
January 24, 1984
|Alma mater||California State University, Long Beach|
|Home town||Medford, Oregon, U.S.|
Emily Baldoni (m. 2013)
Justin Louis Baldoni (born January 24, 1984) is an American actor, director, and filmmaker. Justin is known for the show Jane the Virgin, where he plays the character Rafael Solano.
Baldoni was born in Los Angeles, California, and was raised in Medford, Oregon, the son of Sharon and Sam Baldoni. His mother is from a Jewish family and his father is of Italian ancestry. Baldoni's parents joined the Bahá'í Faith, which Baldoni practices devoutly. Baldoni played soccer and ran track in high school, and was a radio disc jockey at a local top-40 radio station. While moving into a new apartment building, Baldoni met a manager who advised him to pursue a career in acting.
In 2012, Baldoni created one of the most-watched digital documentary series in history, My Last Days, a show about living – as told by the dying. The second season of My Last Days aired on CW and third season will be released in the winter of 2018. On the heels of that success Baldoni founded Wayfarer Entertainment, a digital media studio focused on disruptive inspiration.
In July 2017, Variety announced that Baldoni was developing a male talk show through his media company Wayfarer Entertainment. The show, entitled Man Enough, is described as a disruptive panel series that explores what it means to be a man today. In an interview, Baldoni described the reason he created the show. "Man Enough really came about because I wanted to take a dive into what it really means to be a man, and this question of 'do we have it right?'" The show includes prominent men like Matt McGorry and Javier Muñoz. In August 2017, TED announced Baldoni would be a speaker at the annual TEDWomen Conference.
Baldoni directed and produced CBS Films' Five Feet Apart, starring Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson, and based on an original script by Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis. The film was released on March 15, 2019, and chronicles the lives of two teenagers living with cystic fibrosis.
Baldoni founded a production company with Ahmed Musiol called Wayfarer Entertainment that produces television, films, and digital content. In 2019, Wayfarer sold majority stake setting up the $25M content fund.
After over a year of dating, Baldoni married Swedish actress Emily Baldoni (née Fuxler) in July 2013 in Corona, California. They have a daughter, Maiya, who was born in June 2015 and a son named Maxwell, who was born in 2017.
|2005||The Helix... Loaded||Jason|
|2008||The House Bunny||Waiter|
|2009||After Dusk They Come||Peter||Video|
|2009||Alpha Males Experiment||Gavin|
|2011||Royal Reunion||Nicky||Short film|
|2011||Intervention: Cinderella||Aladdin||Short film|
|2011||Minkow||Young Barry Minkow||Released in 2018 as Con Man|
|2012||Undercover Bridesmaid||Jake||TV movie|
|2013||Isolated||Ambassador for Peace|
|2013||Not Today||Eli Hill|
|2013||The Proposal||Justin||Short film|
|2014||A Fine Step||Marzo Bolivar|
|2019||Five Feet Apart||Director|
|2004||The Young and the Restless||Ben||3 episodes|
|2004||Wedding Daze||Guillermo Valerio||TV film|
|2005||JAG||Azzam||Episode: "Bridging the Gulf"|
|2005||Spring Break Shark Attack||J.T.||TV film|
|2005||Charmed||Salko||Episode: "Something Wicca This Way Goes"|
|2005-06||Everwood||Reid Bardem||Recurring role|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Damon Argento||Episode: "Cyber-Lebrity"|
|2008||The Suite Life of Zack & Cody||Diego||Episode: "Foiled Again"|
|2009||Heroes||Alex Woolsey||Episodes: "Building 26" and "Exposed"|
|2010||The Bold and the Beautiful||Graham Darros||Recurring role|
|2010||CSI: NY||Heath Kirkfield||Episode: "Out of the Sky"|
|2011-12||Single Ladies||Derek||Recurring role|
|2012||Blackout||Josh Martin||TV miniseries|
|2012||Shadow of Fear||Bobby||TV film|
|2012||Undercover Bridesmaid||Jake||TV film|
|2013||Happy Endings||Marcus||Episode: "Fowl Play/Date"|
|2014–2019||Jane the Virgin||Rafael Solano||Main role|
|2017||Madam Secretary||Kevin Park||Episode: "The Beautiful Game"|
- Boursaw, Jane Louise. "Fall TV". Northern Express. Archived from the original on November 15, 2006. Retrieved November 30, 2006.
- "Justin Baldoni as Reid Bardem". FanBolt Entertainment. Retrieved July 8, 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 16, 2010. Retrieved October 21, 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (August 17, 2016). "'Jane the Virgin' Star Justin Baldoni Focuses on Filmmaking for a Good Cause With 'My Last Days'". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- "Meet the Three Celeb Guys (Yes, Guys) Behind a New Pregnancy App". Fit Pregnancy and Baby. May 17, 2016. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (July 6, 2017). "'Jane the Virgin' Star Justin Baldoni Developing Men's Talk Show (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Matthews, Sophie (January 12, 2018). "Redefining Masculinity With Actor Justin Baldoni (EXCLUSIVE)". Women.com. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- "'Hamilton' Star Javier Muñoz Joins 'Man Enough,' a New Show Redefining Masculinity". September 20, 2017. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- "Sneak peek: First look at the TEDWomen 2017 lineup". TED Blog. August 22, 2017. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (February 2, 2016). "Warner Bros. Developing Zach Sobiech 'Fly a Little Higher' Movie". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Littleton, Cynthia; Littleton, Cynthia (January 30, 2019). "Justin Baldoni's Wayfarer Entertainment Sells Majority Stake, Sets $25 Million Production Fund". Variety. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Hayes, Dade; Hayes, Dade (January 30, 2019). "Justin Baldoni's Wayfarer Entertainment Sells Majority Stake, Sets Up $25M Content Fund". Deadline. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Tak, Michelle (February 12, 2015). "Jane the Virgin Star Justin Baldoni and Wife Are Expecting a Baby! See Co-Star Gina Rodriguez's Cute Reaction". E! News. Retrieved March 1, 2019.
- Leon, Anya (June 30, 2015). "Justin Baldoni Welcomes Daughter Maiya Grace". People. Retrieved March 1, 2019.
- Juneau, Jen (October 22, 2017). "Justin Baldoni Welcomes Son Maxwell Roland-Samuel". People. Retrieved October 22, 2017.
- Wilson, Lori (February 24, 2010). "The Bold and the Beautiful Interview: Justin Baldoni". soaps.sheknows.com. Retrieved July 18, 2018.