|Alma mater||California State University, Long Beach|
Justin Louis Baldoni (born January 24, 1984) is an American actor and filmmaker. He is best known for portraying Rafael Solano on The CW satirical romantic dramedy Jane the Virgin (2014–2019) as well as directing the films Five Feet Apart (2019) and Clouds (2020).
Baldoni was born in Los Angeles, California, and was raised in Medford, Oregon, the son of Sharon and Sam Baldoni. His mother is from a Jewish family and his father is of Italian ancestry. His paternal grandfather is Louis Baldoni, an Indiana senator and Italian immigrant. Baldoni's parents joined the Baháʼí Faith, which Baldoni practices devoutly. Baldoni played soccer and ran track in high school, and was a radio disc jockey at a local top-40 radio station. While moving into a new apartment building, Baldoni met a manager who advised him to pursue a career in acting. He attended college on a partial athletic scholarship, but later dropped out. 
In 2012, Baldoni created a digital documentary series, My Last Days, a show about living – as told by the dying. The show eventually became one of the most-watched documentary series' streamed online. The second season of My Last Days aired on CW and third season was released in the winter of 2018. On the heels of that success Baldoni founded Wayfarer Entertainment, a digital media studio focused on disruptive inspiration. In December 2018, Baldoni spoke at the annual End Well Symposium about why he believes that thinking about our death can help us live better.
In July 2017, Variety announced that Baldoni was developing a male talk show through his media company Wayfarer Entertainment. The show, entitled Man Enough, is described as a disruptive panel series that explores what it means to be a man today. In an interview, Baldoni described the reason he created the show. "Man Enough really came about because I wanted to take a dive into what it really means to be a man, and this question of 'do we have it right?'" The show includes prominent men like Matt McGorry and Javier Muñoz. In August 2017, TED announced Baldoni would be a speaker at the annual TEDWomen Conference.
Baldoni directed and produced CBS Films' Five Feet Apart, starring Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson, and based on an original script by Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis. The film was released on March 15, 2019, and chronicles the lives of two teenagers living with cystic fibrosis.
He directed and produced Clouds, a film depicting the life of musician Zach Sobiech with Warner Bros. On May 14, 2020, it was announced Disney+ had acquired distribution rights to the film from Warner Bros., in light of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the film industry. It was released on October 16, 2020. He is also scheduled to direct and produce It Ends with Us, based on the novel of the same name by Colleen Hoover.
In 2021, Baldoni released a book under the same premise as his previous talk show and TED Talk titled Man Enough: Undefining my Masculinity. He began a podcast series under the same name with co-hosts Liz Plank and Jamey Heath. A children's version of the book Boys Will be Human will be released in October 2022.
Baldoni founded a production company with Ahmed Musiol called Wayfarer Studios that produces television, films, and digital content. In 2019, Wayfarer sold majority stake setting up the $25M content fund. The philanthropic branch of the company, called the Wayfarer Foundation, benefits homeless residents of Los Angeles. They host an annual Skid Row Carnival of Love, which provides resources for employment, education, non-emergency medical care, food, clothing, hygiene, and other festivities such as face-painting, live concerts, and children's activities, serving over 4,000 homeless guests each year.
After over a year of dating, Baldoni married Swedish actress Emily Baldoni (née Fuxler) in July 2013 in Corona, California. They have a daughter, Maiya, who was born in June 2015 and a son named Maxwell, who was born in October 2017.
|2008||The House Bunny||Waiter|
|2009||After Dusk They Come||Peter||Video|
|2009||Alpha Males Experiment||Gavin|
|2011||Royal Reunion||Nicky||Short film|
|2011||Intervention: Cinderella||Aladdin||Short film|
|2011||Minkow||Young Barry Minkow||Released in 2018 as Con Man|
|2012||Undercover Bridesmaid||Jake||TV movie|
|2013||Isolated||Ambassador for Peace|
|2013||Not Today||Eli Hill|
|2013||The Proposal||Justin||Short film|
|2014||A Fine Step||Marzo Bolivar|
|2019||Five Feet Apart||Director and producer|
|2020||Clouds||Director and producer|
|2004||The Young and the Restless||Ben||3 episodes|
|2004||Wedding Daze||Guillermo Valerio||TV film|
|2005||JAG||Azzam||Episode: "Bridging the Gulf"|
|2005||Spring Break Shark Attack||J.T.||TV film|
|2005||Charmed||Salko||Episode: "Something Wicca This Way Goes"|
|2005–2006||Everwood||Reid Bardem||Recurring role|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Damon Argento||Episode: "Cyber-Lebrity"|
|2008||The Suite Life of Zack & Cody||Diego||Episode: "Foiled Again"|
|2009||Heroes||Alex Woolsey||Episodes: "Building 26" and "Exposed"|
|2010||The Bold and the Beautiful||Graham Darros||Recurring role|
|2010||CSI: NY||Heath Kirkfield||Episode: "Out of the Sky"|
|2011–2012||Single Ladies||Derek||Recurring role|
|2012||Blackout||Josh Martin||TV miniseries|
|2012||Shadow of Fear||Bobby||TV film|
|2012||Undercover Bridesmaid||Jake||TV film|
|2013||Happy Endings||Marcus||Episode: "Fowl Play/Date"|
|2014–2019||Jane the Virgin||Rafael Solano||Main role|
|2017||Madam Secretary||Kevin Park||Episodes: "The Beautiful Game" and "Labor of Love"|
- Justin Baldoni TV Guide.
- @justinbaldoni (February 11, 2017). "This is my grandpa Louis – he would be 113 today. In 1908 his dad ( my great grandfather) left his family in Pitigliano Italy, and crossed the Atlantic Ocean in search of the American dream" – via Instagram.
- Boursaw, Jane Louise. "Fall TV". Northern Express. Archived from the original on November 15, 2006. Retrieved November 30, 2006.
- "Hollywood Now: New Movies The Judge, Whiplash, Fury & Jane the Virgin's Justin Baldoni". InterfaithFamily. Retrieved January 21, 2020.
- "Justin Baldoni as Reid Bardem". FanBolt Entertainment. Retrieved July 8, 2008.
- Baldoni, Justin (2021). Man Enough: Undefining my Masculinity. New York, United States: HarperCollins. p. 63. ISBN 9780063055599.
- "DBIFF '08/Take II: Phoenix, Arizona". Archived from the original on November 16, 2010. Retrieved October 21, 2010.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (August 17, 2016). "'Jane the Virgin' Star Justin Baldoni Focuses on Filmmaking for a Good Cause With 'My Last Days'". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Purtill, Corinne (December 7, 2018). "The question actor Justin Baldoni asked himself to put his career and life back on track". Quartz. Retrieved June 6, 2020.
- "Meet the Three Celeb Guys (Yes, Guys) Behind a New Pregnancy App". Fit Pregnancy and Baby. May 17, 2016. Archived from the original on May 19, 2016. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (July 6, 2017). "'Jane the Virgin' Star Justin Baldoni Developing Men's Talk Show (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Matthews, Sophie (January 12, 2018). "Redefining Masculinity With Actor Justin Baldoni (EXCLUSIVE)". Women.com. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Thomas, Chris (September 20, 2017). "'Hamilton' Star Javier Muñoz Joins 'Man Enough,' a New Show Redefining Masculinity". Out. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- "Sneak peek: First look at the TEDWomen 2017 lineup". TED Blog. August 22, 2017. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- Busch, Anita (January 26, 2017). "CBS Films Buys Untitled Justin Baldoni Pitch In Vein Of 'The Fault In Our Stars'". Deadline. Retrieved January 21, 2020.
- McNary, Dave (February 2, 2016). "Warner Bros. Developing Zach Sobiech 'Fly a Little Higher' Movie". Variety. Retrieved October 6, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (July 16, 2019). "Justin Baldoni Developing 'It Ends With Us' Romance Movie". Variety. Retrieved January 21, 2020.
- "Man Enough - Justin Baldoni". HarperOne. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- "Boys Will Be Human". HarperCollins. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- Littleton, Cynthia (January 30, 2019). "Justin Baldoni's Wayfarer Entertainment Sells Majority Stake, Sets $25 Million Production Fund". Variety. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Hayes, Dade (January 30, 2019). "Justin Baldoni's Wayfarer Entertainment Sells Majority Stake, Sets Up $25M Content Fund". Deadline. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- "Carnival of Love". Wayfarer Foundation. Retrieved October 20, 2020.
- Tak, Michelle (February 12, 2015). "Jane the Virgin Star Justin Baldoni and Wife Are Expecting a Baby! See Co-Star Gina Rodriguez's Cute Reaction". E! News. Retrieved March 1, 2019.
- Leon, Anya (June 30, 2015). "Justin Baldoni Welcomes Daughter Maiya Grace". People. Retrieved March 1, 2019.
- Juneau, Jen (October 22, 2017). "Justin Baldoni Welcomes Son Maxwell Roland-Samuel". People. Retrieved October 22, 2017.
- Wilson, Lori (February 24, 2010). "The Bold and the Beautiful Interview: Justin Baldoni". soaps.sheknows.com. Retrieved July 18, 2018.