Justin Benson (director)
June 9, 1983|
San Diego, California, US
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, actor, producer, editor|
Justin Benson (born June 9, 1983) is an American director, writer, actor, and producer.
Benson wrote the 2013 critically acclaimed horror film Resolution and directed it with his filmmaking partner Aaron Scott Moorhead. Their directorial work can also be found in the anthology film V/H/S: Viral in the segment entitled "Bonestorm", and the 2014 romantic body horror film Spring, which Benson also wrote. Spring premiered at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival, and was publicly praised by both Richard Linklater and Guillermo Del Toro. In 2017 he wrote, co-directed and starred alongside Moorhead in the science-fiction horror film The Endless, which premiered at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival. The Endless will be released theatrically in North America in 2018 by Well Go USA.
- Resolution (2012) – co-director, writer, producer, actor
- V/H/S: Viral (segment "Bonestorm") (2014) – co-director, writer, producer
- Spring (2014) – co-director, writer, producer
- The Endless (2017) - co-director, actor, writer, producer
- Debruge, Peter (2015-01-02). "10 Directors to Watch: 'Spring' Duo Benson and Moorhead Break the Mold". Variety. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "Meet the 2012 Tribeca Filmmakers #10: 'Resolution' Directors Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead". Indiewire. 2012-04-07. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- Resolution, retrieved 2017-06-17
- Disgusting, Bloody. "'The Endless' Directors Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead Talk About Returning to Their Roots - Bloody Disgusting!". bloody-disgusting.com. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- V/H/S Viral
- Kroll, Justin (2016-08-31). "'Spring' Filmmakers Justin Benson, Aaron Moorhead to Direct and Star in Indie 'The Endless'". Variety. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- Picurro, Allison. "'The Endless' Exclusive Tribeca Promo | IndieWire". www.indiewire.com. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
- Busch, Anita (2017-05-01). "'The Endless' Acquired For Distribution Out Of Tribeca By Well Go USA". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-06-17.
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|