|Full name||Justin Blumfield|
|Date of birth||24 November 1977|
|Draft||62nd overall, 1994 AFL Draft|
|Height||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
|1996 – 2002||Essendon||129 (86)|
|2003 – 2004||Richmond||19 (5)|
|International team honours|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2004.
2 State and international statistics correct as of 2000.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
His AFL career began in 1996 when he debuted for the Essendon Bombers. He was one of Essendon's consistent players in the years 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002. Blumfield was a member of the Essendon 2000 premiership team, which defeated Melbourne in the 2000 AFL Grand Final and won a record 24 out of 25 games for the season.
At the end of 2002, he was traded to the Richmond Tigers to help Essendon meet the total player payments limit. He played 19 games over two seasons before he was delisted by them at the end of season 2004. Blumfield returned to be a playing assistant coach for Essendon's affiliated club in the Victorian Football League, the Bendigo Bombers. He was made a life member of Essendon on 15 December 2010.
After retiring from football he moved to Newcastle, New South Wales, to study for a Master of Business and Administration degree. In 2010, he joined the Cardiff Hawks in the Black Diamond Australian Football League. He is the nephew of former South Melbourne player Max Blumfield. Blumfield has since gone on to be the DFO general manager.
|Season||Team||No.||Games||Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Rielly, Stephen (29 October 2002). "Three Dons fall victim to veterans list ruling". The Age.
- "Profile at Essendonfc.com.au". Archived from the original on 5 September 2012.
- Leeson, Josh (25 March 2010). "Hawks sign Bombers star".
- "Vale Max Blumfield". 23 September 2011. Archived from the original on 22 November 2012.
- Hatch, Patrick (19 July 2018). "DFO's luxury strategy leaves 'dumping ground' past behind". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- Justin Blumfield's player profile at AFL Tables
- Justin Blumfield's playing statistics from AFL Tables