|Full name||Justin Robert Carney|
|Born||16 June 1988|
Trangie, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (15 st 2 lb)|
As of 11 August 2018
Justin Carney (born nickname of "The Tank on the Flank", is an Australian rugby league footballer who last played for the Hull Kingston Rovers in the Super League. He plays on the wing or as a centre.16 June 1988), also known by the
He has no relation to team-mate Todd Carney.
In round 17 of the 2009 NRL season against the Gold Coast Titans he suffered a fracture to both his tibia and fibula during a tackle. He could not play for the rest of the year and missed the entirety of the 2010 season.
Carney was nominated for the 2009 Ken Stephen Medal, acknowledging his strong community work.
He signed a 2-year deal with the Sydney Roosters. His first game for the Roosters was against the Wests Tigers on 3 April. He spent two seasons at the club, but played in just 17 games and failed to score a try in 2012.
In 2014, Carney signed a new five-year deal with the Tigers. November 2015, signed for Salford Red devils on a one-year loan deal. This deal was converted to a permanent move in April 2016.
In May 2017 after being released by the Salford Red Devil's for an incident with the Toronto Wolfpacks Ryan Bailey, he signed a 2-year deal with championship side the Hull Kingston Rovers to aid in their push for promotion back to super league. However, he won't be able to feature in the first five weeks since signing as he is currently 3-games into an 8-game ban.
- "Castleford Tigers 1st team Justin Carney". Official Castleford Tigers web site. Castleford Tigers Rugby League Football Club Ltd. 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- League Central
- "Raiders profile". Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 9 March 2009.
- Raiders destroy lacklustre Broncos Archived 18 June 2008 at the Wayback Machine 15 June 2008, Sydney Morning Herald
- Read, Brent (6 July 2009). "Carney nightmare mars big day out for Raiders". The Australian. Retrieved 6 July 2009.[dead link]
- "Justin Carney nominated for Ken Stephen Medal". raiders.com.au. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- Walter, Brad; Barrett, Chris (3 July 2010). "Does this sound familiar? Raiders irate as Carney signs with Roosters". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Castleford Tigers sign Justin Carney from Sydney Roosters". BBC. 9 August 2013. Retrieved 29 January 2013.