|Birth name||Justin Foley|
|Also known as||JayFo|
June 16, 1976 |
Simsbury, Connecticut, U.S.
|Genres||Metalcore, thrash metal|
|Labels||Roadrunner, Ferret Music|
|Associated acts||Killswitch Engage, Blood Has Been Shed, Red Tide, Unearth, As I Lay Dying|
Justin Foley (born June 16, 1976) is an American musician, best known as the drummer of the metalcore band, Killswitch Engage. He is also a former member of the band Blood Has Been Shed along with Killswitch Engage's former lead singer, Howard Jones. Foley has been quoted as saying his primary influences include John Bonham, Neil Peart, and Sean Reinert.
Justin Foley was born in Simsbury, CT in 1976. Before joining Killswitch Engage, Foley participated in a Connecticut thrash/jazz metal band called Red Tide. Red Tide began as a thrash metal outfit in 1993 then evolved into a jazz metal band in the late 90's. As the primary lyricist and one of the songwriters for Red Tide, Foley earned local celebrityhood. With Red Tide, Foley released at least 5 demo tapes and two CDs. Red Tide disbanded in 2002 as there was a general lack of interest in continuing (cited by interview).
Foley graduated from Simsbury High School in Simsbury, CT in 1995. He earned his undergraduate degree in percussion at the University of Connecticut. He proceeded to attend the prestigious Hartt School of Music and received his master's degree in percussion.
Justin Foley is one of the many advertising artists for Evans drumheads along with such famous drummers as Daniel Erlandsson, Charlie Benante, Kevin Talley, Morgan Rose, Matthew McDonough, and Vinnie Paul among other performers.
Foley has been quoted as saying that if he did not play drums, he would like to try out for the New York Yankees, who he is an avid fan of. He is also a Simpsons fanatic. Foley is known for his shaved head and long red beard. He is the loving father of 2 cats, Minneaux, Leviathan.
- Yamaha Maple / Birch Custom Absolute Drums
- 20x16" Bass Drum
- 10x8" Rack Tom
- 13x11" Floor Tom
- 15x13" Floor Tom
- 14" x 6.5" Mike Bordin Signature Snare
- Yamaha Double Pedal
- Evans Drum Heads
- Zildjian Cymbals
- 19in K Custom Dark China
- 17in A Custom Projection Crash
- 18in A Custom Medium Crash
- 22in A Custom Medium Ride
- 14in K Custom Session Hihats
- 10in A Splash
- 19in A Custom Medium Crash
- Pro-Mark TX5BW drumsticks
Blood Has Been Shed
- Spirals (March 11, 2003; Ferret Records)
- The End of Heartache (May 11, 2004; Roadrunner Records)
- As Daylight Dies (November 21, 2006; Roadrunner Records)
- Killswitch Engage (June 30, 2009; Roadrunner Records)
- Disarm The Descent (April 1, 2013; Roadrunner Records)
- Incarnate (2016)
As a guest
- Ditzel, Eleanor. "Killswitch Engage". Allmusic. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Unearth taps Killswitch Engage drummer for upcoming tours". Blabbermouth.net. 14 June 2011. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justin Foley.|