|Full name||Justin David Gentle|
|Date of birth||6 June 1974|
|Place of birth||Enfield, London, England|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|1997–1999||St Albans City||81||(11)|
|1999||Dagenham & Redbridge|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Born in Enfield, London, Gentle played for non-league Boreham Wood before joining Luton Town. He failed to make the first-team at Luton, and moved to Colchester United. He made his Football League debut on 30 April 1994, coming on as a substitute for Tony Cook in a 3–1 home win over Doncaster Rovers. His final professional game was to come in the following game, coming on as a substitute for player-manager Roy McDonough who was also playing in his final game for the club. The away match at Carlisle United ended in a 2–0 defeat for the U's.
- "Colchester United - Player profile". Coludata.co.uk. Archived from the original on 19 May 2012. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Justin Gentle - Football Stats - Soccer Base". Soccerbase. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Colchester United - Match details - Colchester Utd 3–1 Doncaster Rovers". Coludata.co.uk. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Colchester United - Match details - Carlisle United 2–0 Colchester Utd". Coludata.co.uk. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "COLCHESTER UNITED:1950/51-1989/90 & 1992/93-2011/12". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Transfer Database. Retrieved 18 April 2013.