|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
Seaverns in August 2003
|No. 55, 56|
|Date of birth:||July 2, 1980|
|Place of birth:||Iwakuni, Yamaguchi, Japan|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Justin William Seaverns (born July 2, 1980) is a former American football linebacker of the National Football League. He was signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2002. He played college football at Appalachian State.
Seaverns attended Adairsville High School in Adairsville, Georgia where he lettered in football, wrestling, track and cross country. In football, he was selected as the county Player of the Year as a senior.
Seaverns was a four-year letterman in college football at Appalachian State University. He finished second on the team in tackles (108) as a sophomore in 1999 and first (135) in 2000, earning second-team All-Southern Conference selections both seasons. He earned first-team all-conference honors as a senior in 2001 with a career-high 137 tackles in addition to a sack, two interceptions, a forced fumble and three fumble recoveries. Seaverns finished his collegiate career with 387 tackles (21 for a loss), 3.5 sacks, five interceptions, two forced fumbles and eight fumble recoveries in 47 games (37 starts).
Seaverns majored in business while at Appalachian State.
First stint with Dolphins
After going undrafted in the 2002 NFL Draft, Seaverns signed with the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent on April 24. He was assigned No. 55. Seaverns appeared in three preseason games for the Dolphins, including one start, but was waived by the team on August 25.
Seaverns was claimed off waivers by the Indianapolis Colts on August 28, 2002. He was released by the team on September 3 and re-signed to the practice squad the following day. He spent the first eight games of the 2002 regular season on the Colts' practice squad.
Second stint with Dolphins
In 2003, Seaverns switched to No. 56 after linebacker Junior Seau was acquired and took No. 55. Seaverns suffered an ankle injury in May 2003, forcing him to miss the remainder of the team's minicamp. The Dolphins waived him on August 23.
- "Dolphins Agree To Terms With Eight College Free Agents". MiamiDolphins.com. Archived from the original on 24 December 2007. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Justin Seaverns, LB". KFFL.com. Archived from the original on December 5, 2014. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Justin Seaverns: Game Logs". NFL.com. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Dolphins Sign Justin Seaverns". MiamiDolphins.com. Archived from the original on 24 December 2007. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Dolphins 2003 Roster". Phins.com. Retrieved 8 December 2008.
- "Carolina Panthers 2003 Transactions". ProFootballWeekly.com. Retrieved 8 December 2008.