||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Justin Stangel is a radio and television screenwriter and producer. In 1998, Stangel and his brother Eric Stangel become the head writers of Late Show with David Letterman, positions they held until 2013.
Stangel and his brother Eric Stangel created a stage show in Manhattan, titled Big City Comedy. The success of the show led to writing work for Saturday Night Live, Fox Television, and the USA Network. The comedy shorts they created to air between shows for the USA Network helped land the Stangel brothers staff writing jobs with Late Show with David Letterman, in 1997.
As co-head writer for The Late Show, Stangel was part of a team that has won two Primetime Emmy Awards (in 2001 and 2002), received twenty-one total Emmy nominations, and was nominated for Writers Guild of America awards four times.
In December 2009 Stangel and his brother Eric were promoted to executive producers for The Late Show. The Stangel brothers are the longest-serving head writers in the 16-year history of the show.
In 2015, Justin and Eric Stangel were added to the staff of Opie with Jim Norton on Sirius XM. On March 15, 2016 Opie announced that the Stangel Brothers officially resigned from their role with the show.
- Finke, Nikki (January 18, 2013). "David Letterman Shakeup In Late Show Head Writers As Stangel Brothers Snag Multi-Year Development Deal". deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-02-01.
The twosome have had an unusually long and successful 14-year run as Letterman's head writers and now will turn a lot of their attention to coming up with TV shows in any format for Worldwide Pants.
- Pallassino, Gary (Summer 2001). "In The Spotlight". Syracuse University Magazine. Syracuse University. Archived from the original on October 6, 2008. Retrieved October 10, 2009.
- IMDb (2009). "Eric Stangel-Awards". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved October 10, 2009.
- Littleton, Cynthia (December 6, 2009). "'Late Show' ups pair to exec producers". Variety. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- Stangel Brothers Announce New Gig with SiriusXM and Opie and Jim Norton Radio Show
|This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television producer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|