Justin Torres at Ubud Writers & Readers Festival 2012
|Born||1980 (age 36–37)
New York City
|Nationality||American, Puerto Rican|
Justin Torres (born 1980) is an American novelist. In 2012 the National Book Foundation named him a 5 under 35 honoree.
His first novel, We the Animals (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011), won an Indies Choice Book Awards (Adult Debut Honor Award) and was also a Publishing Triangle Award finalist and a NAACP Image Award nominee (Outstanding Literary Work, Debut Author). In the summer of 2016, Torres was the Picador Guest Professor for Literature at the University of Leipzig's Institute for American Studies in Leipzig, Germany.
A movie version of 'We The Animals' is slated to premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in 2017.
- "Stanford Creative Writing Program". Stanford.edu. Archived from the original on November 13, 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Salvatore, Joseph (2011-09-23). "We the Animals — By Justin Torres — Book Review". The New York Times.
- "Radcliffe Institute for Advance Study Harvard University Fellows: Justin Torres" Harvard.edu. Retrieved 10-07-13.
- American Studies Leipzig (March 7, 2016). "Next Picador Professor Justin Torres". Retrieved 2017-02-12.
- "Salon’s Sexiest Men of 2011 | Slide Show". Salon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justin Torres.|