Justin Tuggle before a Toronto Argonauts game in 2018.
|No. 24 – Hamilton Tiger-Cats|
|Position:||Defensive end / Linebacker|
|Born:||January 4, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||247 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Duluth (GA) Northview|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career CFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Justin DuJian Tuggle (born January 4, 1990) is an American Canadian football defensive end for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was signed by the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He played college football at Kansas State. Tuggle is the son of former five-time Pro Bowl linebacker Jessie Tuggle. He is also the brother of Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jarrett.
Tuggle attended Northview High School in the state of Georgia. He earned the Greater Atlanta All-Area honors in his Senior season. He participated in the second annual Offense-Defense All-American Bowl and was the quarterback on the east team. He was selected to the 2007 All-North Fulton County team and was on the second team offense as a quarterback.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Duluth, Georgia||Northview High School||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||205 lb (93 kg)||4.6||Jun 25, 2007|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 65 (QB) Rivals: NR (QB), NR (National), NR (Georgia)|
Tuggle played his freshman season at Boston College where he played quarterback. In his sophomore season, he transferred to Blinn College for the spring semester. After spending his sophomore season at Blinn College, he transferred to Kansas State. He switched positions from quarterback to linebacker for his junior season and first season at Kansas State.
On May 23, 2017, Tuggle signed with the Toronto Argonauts. During his first year in the CFL, Tuggle recorded 3 sacks, a defensive touchdown, a forced fumble, and an interception, as well as being a part of the 105th Grey Cup championship team.
His father is Jessie Tuggle who played in the National Football League for the Atlanta Falcons from 1987-2000. He also was selected to five Pro Bowls and three All-Pro teams during his career. His brother, Grady Jarrett is a defensive tackle for the Atlanta Falcons.
- "2008 Offense-Defense All-American Bowl Rosters". scout.com.
- "Roswell Hornets lead all-North Fulton team". northfulton.com. Archived from the original on December 16, 2013. Retrieved December 12, 2007.
- "Former Boston College QB signs with Blinn". chron.com. Retrieved January 13, 2010.
- "K-State's Tuggle moves from QB to linebacker". kansas.com. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
- "Texans sign four draft picks, 23 undrafted free agents". nbcsports.com. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Alper, Josh (March 11, 2016). "Browns get in the game, sign Alvin Bailey and Justin Tuggle". NBCSports.com. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- Gribble, Andrew (September 3, 2016). "Cleveland Browns reduce roster to 53". ClevelandBrowns.com.
- "CFL TRANSACTIONS". cfl.ca. Archived from the original on August 3, 2017. Retrieved August 3, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "K-State LB Tuggle carving out his own legacy". foxsportskansascity.com. Retrieved October 11, 2012.