This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Justin Steven Welch|
4 December 1972 |
Nuneaton, Warwickshire, England
|Genres||Alternative rock, Britpop|
|Associated acts||Elastica, Suede, Spitfire, Me Me Me, Lush|
Welch moved to London in his late teens and studied at London's Drumtech drum school. He played drums in a number of bands in the early 1990s including an early line-up of Suede, where he would first meet Justine Frischmann and Spitfire.
Elastica split in 2001 and Welch moved to Devon where he taught drums in secondary and primary schools.
It was announced, in September 2015, that Welch would play drums in the newly reformed Lush.
On January 21 2017, Elastica's official Facebook page posted photos featuring three-fourths of the original line-up - Welch, Donna Matthews and Annie Holland - during a visit to Abbey Road Studios in London. Mastering engineer Sean McGee tweeted that he had just "cut a record for Elastica today" and that the band members "hadn't seen each other for 20 years." The specific details of the record have yet to be announced, but in response to fan comments regarding Frischmann's absence in the photos, the Facebook page stated that, "Justine's involved in what's happening too."
He lives in Brighton and is married to keyboardist Mew (known for playing in Elastica and Heave), currently a practising artist.
- Elastica (1995, by Elastica)
- The Menace (2000, by Elastica)
Singles and EPs
- 2 Tone Techno (2012, by The Asbo Kid)
- "Spitfire Homepage". bandplanet.co.uk. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Me Me Me - Hanging Around (1996)". duffypedia.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Asbo Kid Interview by Paul Fischer". Louder than War. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Wednesday 26th November Soundphonica". thelatest.co.uk. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "About". Das Fenster. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Artists who use Zildjian Cymbals | Zildjian". zildjian.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- NME.COM. "Suede temporarily enlist former Elastica drummer Justin Welch | NME.COM". nme.com. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Lush to reunite for gig in 2016". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
|This article on a British drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|