Whalin at WonderCon 2009
|Born||Justin Garrett Whalin
September 6, 1974
San Francisco, California, United States
(July 16, 2006 — 2009)
Justin Garrett Whalin (born September 6, 1974) is an American actor best known for his roles as the teenage Andy Barclay in Child's Play 3 and Jimmy Olsen in the American television series Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Whalin, an only child, was born in the Sunset District of San Francisco, California. His mother, Terry Villanueva, is a teacher and school administrator who owns and operates two L.A. area schools: The Learning Castle and La Cañada Preparatory. His father, Craig Whalin, is a real estate appraiser. His parents divorced when he was seven years old and both remarried. He has a younger half-brother, Danny Quiros, an older stepbrother, Michael Galo-Rothman, and an older stepsister, Michele Dahlberg.
He studied acting at the esteemed American Conservatory Theatre (A.C.T.) in San Francisco, and attended Lowell High School. After years of commuting between Los Angeles and San Francisco, he and his mother eventually relocated to L.A. permanently when he was fifteen years old. He completed his high school education through U.C. Berkeley's homeschooling program.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Whalin is known for his appearances in such films as John Waters' cult classic Serial Mom with Kathleen Turner, Child's Play 3, The Disney Channel's Susie Q (1996) (TV), and as the young Daily Planet photographer Jimmy Olsen in the TV series Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (seasons 2-4).
Whalin has been working as an actor since the age of eleven, when he debuted in the title role of the play The Little Prince at San Francisco's Victoria Theatre. He starred in the 1993 CBS Schoolbreak Special production Other Mothers for which he won a Daytime Emmy for his portrayal of a son with lesbian parents. He went on to star in Miracle at Midnight opposite Mia Farrow and Sam Waterston. He also auditioned to play Billy Loomis in Scream (1996).
- 1994: Emmy Award: Outstanding Performer in a Children's Special for CBS Schoolbreak Special for episode: Other Mothers (1993).
- 1996: American Latino Media Arts (ALMA) Award: Outstanding Television Series Actor in a Crossover Role for Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1993)
- 1992: Saturn Award: Best Performance by a Younger Actor for Child's Play 3 (1991)
- 1992: Young Artist Award: Best Young Actor Starring in a Cable Special for Perfect Harmony (1991) (TV)
- 1992: Young Artist Award: Best Young Actor Guest Starring or Recurring Role in a TV Series for Blossom (1991)
- The Dead Pool (1988) as Jason
- General Hospital (1983) TV Series as Alan 'A. J.' Quartermaine, Jr. #5 (unknown episodes, 1988)
- Charles in Charge (1984) TV Series as Anthony (ABC Version - Season 4 (1988-1989))
- Mr. Belvedere (TV) (1 episode, 1989)
- The Wonder Years as Henchman/Mark Kovinsky (2 episodes, 1989–1990)
- Perfect Harmony (1991) (TV) as Taylor Bradshaw
- Child's Play 3 (1991) as Andy Barclay
- Blossom as Jimmy (3 episodes, 1990–1991)
- The Young Riders as Adrian Dawkins (1 episode, 1992)
- The Fire Next Time (1993) (TV) as Paul Morgan
- It Had to Be You (1993) TV Series as David Quinn (unknown episodes)
- Crosses on the Lawn (1993) TV Episode .... Chaz Havelik
- Other Mothers (1993) TV Episode .... Will Jurgenson
- CBS Schoolbreak Special (TV) (2 episodes, 1993)
- Murder of Innocence (1993) (TV) as Phil Andrew
- Serial Mom (1994) as Scotty Barnhill
- Jimmy Zip (1996) as Billy
- Susie Q (1996) (TV) as Zach Sands
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (TV) as Jimmy Olsen (65 episodes, 1994–1997)
- Miracle at Midnight (1998) (TV) as Henrik Koster
- Dungeons & Dragons (2000) as Ridley Freeborn
- For the Cause (film) (2000) as Sutherland
- Blood of Beasts (2003) as Eric
- Slammed (2004) as Jeff
- National Lampoon's Dorm Daze 2 (2006) as Foosball
- Off the Ledge (2008) as Hopper Jackson
- Super Capers (2008) as Ed Gruberman
- The House That Jack Built (2009) as Father Joe
- "Justin Whalin - Superman's Whalin Files For Divorce".
- "As ABC's second assigned Jimmy Olsen, Justin Whalin hits the newsroom running". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2010-10-22.
- Justin Whalin profile, filmreference.com; accessed September 16, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justin Whalin.|
|Actors to portray Jimmy Olsen
1994 - 1997