|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
Joli at the AVN Awards 2011
July 16, 1980 |
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
|Other names||Hope, Justine, Swan, Swan Hope, Erin Swan, Sarah, Charlotte|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||114 lb (52 kg; 8.1 st)|
|No. of adult films||249 (per IAFD)|
In 2000, Joli was working in the Glendale Galleria when she was noticed by porn director Kris Kramski and asked if she was interested in doing some modeling. Joli claims that Kramski's ulterior motive was to get her into a threesome with him and his girlfriend, but that she was only interested in the girlfriend and not him. Joli did not end up working with Kramski, but Kramski did pass her audition photos along to adult industry talent scout Roy Garcia, who promptly found work for her in adult modeling and films. Her first shoot was with Stephen Hicks. Joli notes that her mother drove her to her audition and all of her jobs for the first six months of her career because, "I was terrified to drive there".
At the beginning of her career, she worked extensively in men's magazines, appearing in numerous issues of Penthouse and Hustler, shooting six days a week for six months. She appeared on the cover of the March 2002 issue of Hustler and was the September 2007 Penthouse Pet of the Month. Joli was named Penthouse Pet of the Year Runner-Up in the May Issue of Penthouse Magazine. She was also a popular web model, appearing on sites such as ALS Scan, Matt's Models, and Danni's Hard Drive.
Her first film shoot was for Andrew Blake. During her first several years in adult films, she appeared mainly under the name 'Swan' and 'Hope', though in her appearances in Blake's films, she appeared simply as Justine. Eventually, she adopted the name Justine Joli. "Joli" was a pet name she had for one of her old lovers and means "pretty" in French, while "Justine" comes from her obsession with the Marquis de Sade character, Justine.
Joli describes herself as bisexual (being "60/40" in her preference toward men and women, respectively) in real life and is particularly noted as a girl-girl actress in adult films. She did not perform any boy-girl scenes in an adult film, stating "I'm not comfortable doing boy/girl". However, early in her career, she did do explicit heterosexual photoset with porn photographer Peter Romero for the website POV Porn, though these photos were later removed from the site at her request. Joli also appears alone in many movies and photosets, either as a glamour or fetish model or in solo masturbation scenes. She has also done some BDSM porn and in her personal life she has described herself as "hardcore sub".
Joli also captured in Edouard Salier's short movie, "Flesh" which describes the life and death of Manhattan during a fictional 9/11. She also appeared (along with porn stars Charlotte Stokely, Charmane Star, Erika Vution, and Stacey Adams) in the blaxploitation spoof Black Dynamite. She stars on the 2010 Nerdcore Horror Calendar.
In 2009 Joli played supporting role in the softcore television series Life on Top.
Joli was cast in the role of Caligula's wife, Caesonia, in the Off Broadway theatre production Caligula Maximus, scheduled to run at New York's Ellen Stewart Theatre in March–April 2010. She garnered the role after working as a burlesque dancer at a New York performance venue run by Randy Weiner, the play's co-producer and co-writer.
As of 2014[update], Joli is the owner and operator of a medical marijuana business called Green Fairy Edibles which produces infused beef jerky. She stated in an April 2015 article that she supplies as much as 1,000 ounces of jerky to marijuana dispensaries a month.
Joli is a self described geek with a love of anime, science fiction, Macs, Camping and cartoons. She is also into nude sports, such as naked bungee jumping and naked whitewater rafting. She was romantically involved with porn director D. Cypher for several years.
Awards and nominations
|2006||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Tease Performance||Blue Erotica|
|Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video (with Jade Starr)||Kill Girl Kill 2|
|2007||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene – Video (with Sarah Blake)||All About Keri|
|Nominated||Best Solo Sex Scene||Atomic Vixens|
|2008||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Video (with Jenna Jameson & Janine)||Janine Loves Jenna|
|Nominated||Best Solo Sex Scene||Corrupted by Justine Joli|
|2009||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene (with Marie Luv)||By Appointment Only 6|
|2011||AVN Award||Nominated||Best All-Girl Couples Sex Scene (with Melissa Monet)||River Rock Women's Prison|
|Nominated||Most Outrageous Sex Scene (with Kayden Kross & Claire Adams)||The Perfect Secretary: Training Day|
|2012||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Girl/Girl Sex Scene (with Syd Blakovich)||Taxi|
|Nominated||Best Solo Sex Scene||Taxi 2|
|2014||AVN Award||Nominated||All-Girl Performer of the Year||N/A|
|Nominated||Most Outrageous Sex Scene (with Aiden Starr, Dana Vespoli & Chad Diamond)||Fluid|
|XBIZ Award||Nominated||Best Actress—All-Girl Release||Shades of Pink|
- "Pets Bio: Justine Joli". Penthouse Mobile. Retrieved 2008-07-27.
- "Justine Joli" by Bob Schultz, Glamourcon.com, August 2005.
- Swan, Bob's Picks (website), 2004.
- "justine joli – porn star – dvd and videos and more – biography filmography – iafd.com – internet adult film database". Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- Augusta Hope (2006-09-19). "Justine Joli". Eros Zine. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Justine Interview", HardcoreGossip.com, October 31, 2003.
- "Justine Joli: The Naked Nerd!", Porn Star Interviews (podcast), September 5, 2007. (page links to MP3 audio file)
- "Hustlerworld Interview: Justine Joli" by pjohnson, Hustlerworld (blog), April 13, 2006. Accessed 2007-10-16.
- "Justine Joli – Penthouse Pet of the Month – September 2007", Penthouse.com, September 2007. Accessed 2007-10-18.
- "Justine Joli, The Seduction King and Katrina" by Sam Sugar, Podnography #6 (podcast), September 9, 2005. (page links to MP3 audio files) Archived October 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Hot Sex With a Porn Director" by Rachel Kramer Bussel, Village Voice, March 9, 2006.
- Kernes, Mark (April 17, 2015). "CNBC Discovers the Connection Between Porn and Pot". Adult Video News. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Lainie Speiser, Confessions of the Hundred Hottest Porn Stars, Quiver, 2011, pp. 204–205. ISBN 1592334776
- "Opie and Anthony Headlines". foundrymusic.com. Retrieved 2007-08-18.
- "Opie and Anthony Headlines". foundrymusic.com. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
- Black Dynamite – Ladies of Leisure
- Peter Warren (2010-02-18). "Justine Joli Cast in Off-Broadway Take on Caligula". AVN.com. Retrieved 2010-02-19.
- "Autobiographical sketch". Official website. Archived from the original on 2006-03-07. Retrieved 2007-05-26.
- "AVN AWARDS 2006 NOMINEES" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on December 6, 2006. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- "AVN AWARDS 2007 NOMINEES". Archived from the original on April 23, 2007. Retrieved 2013-01-19.
- "The 2008 AVN Awards Nominations" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on December 30, 2008. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on January 5, 2009. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- Nominations for the 2011 AVN Awards. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- AVN AWARDS 2012 – NOMINATIONS. Retrieved December 14, 2013.
- "2014 AVN Award Nominees". AVN Awards. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
- "Nominees". XBIZ Awards. Retrieved 2013-12-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justine Joli.|