The Justus League was a rap collective from North Carolina, that included L.E.G.A.C.Y., The Away Team, Darien Brockington, Little Brother, Edgar Allen Floe, Median, Chaundon, Cesar Comanche, 9th Wonder, , Joe Scudda.
Cesar Comanche and 9th Wonder first met in 1996 and founded the collective eighteen months later.
Little Brother's former road manager, Big Dho, founded the Hall of Justus music group in 2003, which provides an outlet for the artists in the collective. Releases by the collective have been released under the Hall of Justus name, including the Soldiers of Fortune compilation in 2006.
The collective seems to have splintered, as internal conflicts have led to the breakup of groups (for example, Little Brother) and general dissent within the Justus League. Also individual members have stated that the time of this collective has passed and that they have moved on, according to Chaundon in an online interview. Several members are still with 'Hall Of Justus, however the rest of the crew seems to have left and are pursuing separate musical endeavors.
Albums by Justus League
- National Mayhem (2005) 6 Hole (3CD Box set)
- Soldiers of Fortune (2006) ABB
- Cordor, Cyril "Hall of Justus Biography", Allmusic, Macrovision Corporation
- Jones, Todd E. (2003) "L.E.G.A.C.Y. (from The Justus League) - "The Start Of A Hip-Hop Legacy"", Hip Hop Elements
- Tardio, Andres (2006) "The Justus League Readies New LP", HipHopDX
- Varine, Patrick (2008) "Album review: 'The Streetwise LP,' by Edgar Allen Floe", Wellsville Daily Reporter
- "Cesar Comanche - Squirrel & The Aces review", Jive magazine
- Cohen, Finn (2003) "Don't sweat the technique: Missie Ann's little brother strikes gold", Independent Weekly, 17 September 2003
- "Justus League 4 New Albums", HipHopDX
- Rodriguez, Kenny "Little Brother - Bamboozled" (interview), Nobodysmiling.com
- Ivey, Michael (2006) "Skyzoo - Brooklyn Water", Nobodysmiling
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Justus League.|